“Tuna App outstanding!”

Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A longtime Southport institution, one of the top dining spots in town. Low Country-leaning menu. Good wine list
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food and staff are alway great! You can order a full meal or a hambuger or sandwich. Their tuna app with capers is wonderful. I have been to one of their wine dinners and would recommend it! The food and wine pairring was excellent!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We visited 7/11/14 and had a very mixed experience. First we were ignored for drink orders - the table that came in 10 minutes later had their drink orders taken first. My wife finally got the hostess to find our waitress. Drink orders were finally taken (another 5 minutes) and then served (another 5 minutes). Food was ordered and delivered. We both ordered oysters - they were delivered with no condiments. Our waitress promised to deliver both cocktail and tartar sauce, as well as extra butter. After another 10 minutes (did I mention that our food was getting cold) I went into the kitchen and raised quite a ruckus, taking the tartar sauce out with me. Started eating. After two bites I realized that although I had ordered the oyster burger I was eating shrimp. No waitress to be seen so once again I found the hostess who remedied the problem and brought me hot oysters. Very good; much better than my wife's cold oysters. The manager got involved, was very apologetic and helpful. In the end we were given our meals at no charge. (The extra butter never arrived, but by then our waitress had done a vanishing act {I would have too}.)

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The restaurant was full and we'd had a reservation. Our server was also assigned to a large party in another room. It took a bit of time for water, a long time for drinks, and forever for dinner. They need more servers. The food was good.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is our fourth dinner at Mr. P's and we have enjoyed great food and great service each time. Very nice family restaurant with wonderful food, comfortable atmosphere and professional staff.

1  Thank weathergauge
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice place not very private but there are a few booths that are better...food was great steamed clams very well prepared. Prime rib with a crab cake was great as was the Tile fish special stuffed with crab meat.
Dessert, Pecan pie....amazing! Prices are on the higher end...but worth it.