“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr. P's Bistro

Mr. P's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A longtime Southport institution, one of the top dining spots in town. Low Country-leaning menu. Good wine list
Beaver
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

As long time visitors to this area we eat out every night. We have our usual places but somehow we missed eating here. Well it is now second on our list. Let me start by saying we are a large n loud party with children. From the start the staff went out of their way to help keep things moving n keep all happy. The number one attraction to mr p's is the food. Divine! The food was completely amazing! We had a variety and each one was perfect. I had the special which was Salmon with blue cheese. I eat salmon all the time but this was done perfectly. The balance between moisture and taste provided the best meal I've had in a long time. Here or anywhere. They also have fried green tomatoes. Fabulous. The shrimp was good as well although we love the shrimp at provisions the most. We also had tuna special. Again perfect. Cheeseburger were just the right for our boys. The crab sandwich was tasty as well. I can't say enough good things about mr P's. it is a total must go!

Sugar Grove, Illinois
“Family owned Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

A family owned restaurant-with the fourth generation starting to learn the business (bus and hostess). The menu is about half seafood and meat with daily specials. I found nothing to criticize. If you expect a lavish atmosphere- do not go. This is a typical local, basic but excellent restaurant. Worth a trip if in the area--make a reservation-it has limited seating.

Atlanta
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

If you stick with seafood this place is OK. I had beef tenderloin medallions with crabmeat and scallops. The beef was tender but tasteless. They did not get all if our orders correct. I had grits as a side and they were cold and unseasoned. I have to say that the service was very attentive (despite the mistakes), friendly and very attuned to the needs of our two young grandchildren. Too bad the food was not up to expectations. I might try this place again but would stick with seafood only.

North Carolina
“Excellent dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant was rated as #1 on Trip Advisor and I totally agree it deserves the rating. There were two people in my party and we had the local fresh fish (grouper and drum). Both of us enjoyed our dinner very much! My grouper with crab meat was delicious. My friend also enjoyed his clam chowder. It had plenty of clam in there which is not always true with clam chowder. The service was wonderful and everyone there was friendly and welcoming. I would say that a reservation is needed as there were not many people when we arrived at 6:15, but most of the tables were full when we left. It's not a fancy place and casual dress is fine. The food is indeed top notch!

Visited June 2013
Flemington, New Jersey, USA
“A Real Jewel in Southport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

You do not expect to find the quality of food, service, and execution in a remote part of N.C. that Mr. P's Bistro provides. And they do it very consistently. The menu offers a nice balance of seafood and meats but don't pass up the local fish (especially the Grouper). Corn bread crusted Fried Calamari was outstanding, as was the seared tuna. My Shrimp Gumbo featured fried grits and was authentic to it's low country cooking heritage.

For over five years we have been enjoying Mr P's and this past weekend entertains six others there and had a marvelous time.

• Visited May 2013