“Notably better from the minute I walked in.....”

Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I had actually noticed how clean and well-appointed this hotel was upon walking in the door. But it got better through the duration of my stay with the "little details" that so often get overlooked. By the end of my stay, the icing on the cake was meeting Bijou, the owner of Wingate by Wyndham, Southport. I ran into her in the lobby, and the amount of genuine care and concern for my comfort level during our stay was unparalelled.
She actually asked if we were hungry, and offered some of her recently home cooked meal. We spoke to Bijou for quite some time, and really felt her passion for hospitality and drive for giving top notch service.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manager30565, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Southport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

As the general manager, I am extremely touched by the comment that you have made. The entire staff at the Southport: Wingate by Wyndham strive to give the best hospitality to all our guests and make them feel at home in our hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope you return soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed October 3, 2010

We have a sailboat that is docked in a local marina and normally we stay on it after coming off the ocean. However, when we feel like having a few creature comforts this is where we head. This hotel is newly built so everything is still in pristine condition. The rooms are decorated with a beautiful, modern decor and a free breakfast is served each morning. This is probably the best place to stay while in Southport.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Very well appointed,spacious, very clean and comfortable room. I did not feel like I had to strip the bed down to look for critters as I have done recently in all "road trip" hotels where I have stayed. Soft, pristine sheets, great mattress. Great three nights sleep. Room was spacious. Staff warm, helpful and competent! Imagine that! They even replace the soaps and shampoos without your having to ask! When was the last time that happened in a moderately priced hotel! Great bathroom! adequate lighting, counterspace and shower. Showercurtain had no mildewy smell and every self-respecting housewife has smelled that smell in a zillion moderately priced hotel rooms in America. Next time you're in Southport, relax. This is wonderful! Bonus: great real breakfast. Bacon and scrambled eggs included buffet style!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Work brought me to Southport NC. for over 2 weeks, and I satyed at this hotel. I started dealing with the staff about 2 months ahead of time. From the first phone call made, until now (2 months later). The staff has been OUT STANDING! "I" can NOT say anything negative about this place. The staff, from the manager, desk, house keeping, and grounds keepers were nice and helpfull. They made sure EVERYTHING was right.

The desk personel tried to accomadate me and our team on any and everthing we requested. They did an OUTSTANDING job.

The house keepers kept our rooms spotless!, but the biggest thing is that they are trust worthy!!! I left money on the desk, along with some papers and it was NEVER touched! (I put money out, I placed it on tables, the desk and floor at different times during my stay. How did I know it was not touched? I used a tape meauser and placed it just so and when I returned after work, it was just as I had left it! Even the Bill I left on the floor one time, had been vacumed around, but not moved!!!)

The grounds keepers kept the halls and grounds spotless.

The manager Mrs. Baiju Vadgama, she kept the staff going like a "race engine" (everthing had to be just right to have worked like it did). As busy as she was, she always took time to ensure that the customer had everthing that they needed.

With that being said. Some people reading this might say something like," Well, that is their job." True, but Mrs. Baiju and her staff went way, way passed that, They made you feel like you were at home, or as close as possable, and that you were FAMILY!!!!!!!

"Thank you!" Baiju, Ogia, Kerry, and the rest of the staff.
"I" will be back!!!
Glen

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We have found a jewel in the Southport area. The hotel is new, rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The staff is courteous, friendly and helpful at all times. Maid service is excellent, not to mention the free hot breakfast each morning. You couple this with the exercise room, jacuzzi and pool and what seems to be a sincere desire on behalf of the staff to make your stay a pleasant one and simply it is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We spent two nights at this hotel and overall it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is conveniently located and close to food or stores. The staff was very nice and greeted us with a smile. The hotel is very quiet and nicely decorated, everything still looks new. My only issue would be the AC unit in the room and the TV. The AC unit is very loud and it takes a very low setting (below 60) to really get the room cool. The unit cuts on and off continuously and the sound was loud enough to wake me at night. The television was a flat panel LCD by LG. Appears to be a decent TV but the picture was fuzzy and the cable/satellite reception was not as clear as it should be. But, overall, it was a great stay and I would definitely stay here again when I'm in Southport. Also, loved the free Wi-Fi!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Great location-fine breakfast-friendly, helpful staff, approachable,interested manager/owner.

I could hear my neighbors tv most of the time

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Comfort Suites
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Southport? Share your experiences!