Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Hampton Inn Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
$149
$97
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,054 results
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfree breakfaststaff was friendlywafflesbaconwaffle makerhot breakfastvery nice hotelking bedthe breakfast areabald head islandolgacrystalwalgreensncoak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Work brought me to Southport NC. for over 2 weeks, and I satyed at this hotel. I started dealing with the staff about 2 months ahead of time. From the first phone call made, until now (2 months later). The staff has been OUT STANDING! "I" can NOT say anything negative about this place. The staff, from the manager, desk, house keeping, and grounds keepers were nice and helpfull. They made sure EVERYTHING was right.

The desk personel tried to accomadate me and our team on any and everthing we requested. They did an OUTSTANDING job.

The house keepers kept our rooms spotless!, but the biggest thing is that they are trust worthy!!! I left money on the desk, along with some papers and it was NEVER touched! (I put money out, I placed it on tables, the desk and floor at different times during my stay. How did I know it was not touched? I used a tape meauser and placed it just so and when I returned after work, it was just as I had left it! Even the Bill I left on the floor one time, had been vacumed around, but not moved!!!)

The grounds keepers kept the halls and grounds spotless.

The manager Mrs. Baiju Vadgama, she kept the staff going like a "race engine" (everthing had to be just right to have worked like it did). As busy as she was, she always took time to ensure that the customer had everthing that they needed.

With that being said. Some people reading this might say something like," Well, that is their job." True, but Mrs. Baiju and her staff went way, way passed that, They made you feel like you were at home, or as close as possable, and that you were FAMILY!!!!!!!

"Thank you!" Baiju, Ogia, Kerry, and the rest of the staff.
"I" will be back!!!
Glen

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We have found a jewel in the Southport area. The hotel is new, rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The staff is courteous, friendly and helpful at all times. Maid service is excellent, not to mention the free hot breakfast each morning. You couple this with the exercise room, jacuzzi and pool and what seems to be a sincere desire on behalf of the staff to make your stay a pleasant one and simply it is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We spent two nights at this hotel and overall it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is conveniently located and close to food or stores. The staff was very nice and greeted us with a smile. The hotel is very quiet and nicely decorated, everything still looks new. My only issue would be the AC unit in the room and the TV. The AC unit is very loud and it takes a very low setting (below 60) to really get the room cool. The unit cuts on and off continuously and the sound was loud enough to wake me at night. The television was a flat panel LCD by LG. Appears to be a decent TV but the picture was fuzzy and the cable/satellite reception was not as clear as it should be. But, overall, it was a great stay and I would definitely stay here again when I'm in Southport. Also, loved the free Wi-Fi!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Great location-fine breakfast-friendly, helpful staff, approachable,interested manager/owner.

I could hear my neighbors tv most of the time

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The service and accommodations were superb! The rooms were very spacious, clean and inviting. The atmosphere was so calm and peaceful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were never disturbed by housekeeping wanting to clean our rooms as has been the case at some hotels. Everyone working there was extremely cordial and we noticed that all guests were treated with the utmost respect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple