“Another good trip to Brunswick.”

Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Southport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great room great breakfast will stay again but this time I will be ready for them.
Got room thru Priceline as a bid got for $77.00 plus taxs and fees. Web sites for the 2 other hotels in town wer ovr $100.00.
When I got to Hotel they requested my credit card for any extras I might charge to room
or damages. I gave to them like I do for any hotel. The room ws prepaid to them from Priceline and I
paid with credit card and not a debit card. As i was walking into my room if get a text from my credit card company that a charge of $250.00 was placed on MY CREDIT CARD. I went to the front desk and asked the young lady why the high charge. HER words were " you used a debit card to pay priceline and price line put hold on your card" I said "I do not think so as the charge says Wyndham." she said that that was Priceline's policy. So I called priceline as the card I used to pay them was different than I gave to Hotel for extras. They said they do not do that it was the Hotel. Well when I checked out the lady behind the desk told me that is their policy to do when it is pre paid. So only use a credit card because it can talke 24-48 hours to have your card credited back. and If you used a DEBIT card you can not access your fund for the same period. But to charge $125.00 per night deposit is just silly. for a $77.00 a night room. my deposit for extras was 3 time the room rate.

Room Tip: Use price line to get your lowest price
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sg107e
WingateSouthpor... N, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Southport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

The staff here at the Wingate by Wyndham in Southport, NC would like to take the time to thank you for your recent comments about your stay with us. From your post we can see that while you did enjoy your overall experience with us, you were less than happy with one of our pre-paid policies. We have taken this issue very seriously and have discussed it in depth with our team to come up with an agreeable solution. As with any 3rd party online booking and prepaid reservation while we will still require an incidental credit card at check in from our guest to cover any further charges other than the room and taxes we have lowered the incidental hold considerably. Thus making it where our guests do not have such large amounts being held, and are able to continue with their vacations uninterrupted in such a manor. We have also taken this time to educate and re-train employees on the hotel policies for such events so they are completely able to explain when guests ask about such issues. Again we apologize for the disruption of your stay and hope to see you again in the future to correct our image in your eyes. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve.

With Regards,
Wingate by Wyndham
Southport, NC
onalaska,wa
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice hotel,people are very nice, came in unexpectedly , was able to get a room.for one day. Have stayed here before and would recommend to anyone coming into area.:) we will return..quiet and clean,neighborhood is growing up,so we were lucky to get a parking spot for truck and trailer.would like to stay for a week.:) til next time

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WingateSouthpor... N, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Southport, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments , we were glad to be of service to you . As always we will continue to strive to exceed all expectations for our guests. If you ever have any comments and concerns , feel free to call the hotel and we will be glad to assist you in any way that we can. Again thank you for your posts.

Wingate by Wyndham
Southport, NC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Southport? Share your experiences!