“Will be back soon!”

Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is our 3rd time staying at this hotel. We really enjoy the perfect location with Oak Island and South Port being just minutes away. The front desk staff and the manager do a great job interacting with the guests. I appreciated the manager walking around checking on guests at breakfast. The breakfast is a good quality complimentary meal. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I enjoyed having a frig in the room. Bathrooms are nice. My only complaint is the poor quality of the towels. The pool is also very nice. We will be back in a matter of weeks! The hotel is great quality with a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Southport

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was satisfied with our stay overall. The beds and bathrooms we're clean. We enjoyed the pool but the jets in the hot tub did not work.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

While my stay was brief, the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was clean and modern. Best of all the night was very restful and quite. Breakfast was served on time and hot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stay at the Southport Wingate many weekends, and always appreciate the friendly greetings and great customer service. Olga and Robin's warm smiles make us feel welcome when we arrive. The rooms are always very clean, the beds so comfortable. The breakfast area has great choices, and Ramonita takes great care of the guests needs. The hotel is close to the downtown and bay area and not far from Oak Island and the beach. Thanks so much to Baiju and her staff for the high standards of cleanliness, a friendly staff and nice facilities, making it such a pleasant stay away from home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lwnetstuff
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I work for a hotel in New York. It's not a chain, it's an independent property overlooking a lake in a quiet little village. AAA Four Diamond rated, the whole package. Our rooms are perfect, and I'm not just saying that. I'm not here to boast though, just to say that after working in such a gorgeous establishment it's extremely difficult to stay somewhere else. You know how you have the best stay ever and nothing else compares? Same thing. I always find something to complain about. This hotel is the only hotel that I've stayed at that I've had nothing bother me, and for half the price of a room at my hotel. They obviously have high standards of cleanliness, friendly staff and nice facilities. Desk clerk Robin was funny and nice at check-in. We talked about how being from the North I can't pronounce the names of any of the towns here. I felt bad because she had a long line and her phone kept ringing, she was there alone. Although we are never alone at the desk, I know how she felt--it's very overwhelming. She handled everyone in a timely manner while also giving all guests on the phone and at the desk individual attention. Nicely done everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Erik E
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Clean. Nice. Small cozy town with limited overnight options. Fine for business traveler or someone with kid.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jonandshelby
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Our recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham was a relaxing trip. We traveled there by boat on the intercostal waterway. We docked at southport marina and only had about a mile ride to the hotel. The room we stayed in was the suite we shared with another couple. The bed was like sleeping at home. The room had multiple thermostats so we could keep our part of the room a little cooler than the other couples area. The room had a fridge and sink so we were abel to prepare our lunches.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alisha B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Comfort Suites
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Southport? Share your experiences!