Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Comfort Suites(Southport)(Great Value!)
$89
Hampton Inn Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
$149
$87
Travelocity
$88
HIExpress.com
1,053 results
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfree breakfaststaff was friendlywafflesbaconwaffle makerhot breakfastvery nice hotelking bedthe breakfast areabald head islandolgacrystalwalgreensncoak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I work for a hotel in New York. It's not a chain, it's an independent property overlooking a lake in a quiet little village. AAA Four Diamond rated, the whole package. Our rooms are perfect, and I'm not just saying that. I'm not here to boast though, just to say that after working in such a gorgeous establishment it's extremely difficult to stay somewhere else. You know how you have the best stay ever and nothing else compares? Same thing. I always find something to complain about. This hotel is the only hotel that I've stayed at that I've had nothing bother me, and for half the price of a room at my hotel. They obviously have high standards of cleanliness, friendly staff and nice facilities. Desk clerk Robin was funny and nice at check-in. We talked about how being from the North I can't pronounce the names of any of the towns here. I felt bad because she had a long line and her phone kept ringing, she was there alone. Although we are never alone at the desk, I know how she felt--it's very overwhelming. She handled everyone in a timely manner while also giving all guests on the phone and at the desk individual attention. Nicely done everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Erik E
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Clean. Nice. Small cozy town with limited overnight options. Fine for business traveler or someone with kid.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jonandshelby
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Our recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham was a relaxing trip. We traveled there by boat on the intercostal waterway. We docked at southport marina and only had about a mile ride to the hotel. The room we stayed in was the suite we shared with another couple. The bed was like sleeping at home. The room had multiple thermostats so we could keep our part of the room a little cooler than the other couples area. The room had a fridge and sink so we were abel to prepare our lunches.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alisha B
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had a really bad day when i got to this hotel. The staff had me calmed down and laughing by the time i was checked in. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the pillows are soft. i would like to say " Thank You" to (GM ) Baiju Vadgama and her wonderful staff for being very friendly and courteous to us. I told my company that when we work in this area this is the place we should stay. I stay in hotels 47 weeks out of the year and this is one of the few i can actually say i have relaxed in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had concerns initially because the location in a strip mall is unimpressive. However, it turned out to be extremely comfortable and as clean as you could ask. The staff was helpful and courteous and we found the breakfast waffle to be pretty good.

Room Tip: You're not going to get a "view" no matter where you book.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple