1,078 results
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwafflesstaff was friendlyplenty of parkingking bedbusiness tripvery nice hotelthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastbald head islandolgacrystalwalgreensncoakaccommodations
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very nice accommodations, staff was helpful and fun to talk to. Convenient to downtown and to great restaurants.

I've read some complaints in other reviews about the bar in the adjacent shopping center, but didn't really have an issue with any noise or disturbances. If you don't like the bar scene don't walk toward it. My room was located to the front of the hotel and toward the bar direction and my stay was over a whole weekend - there was not a noise issue. Plus it was convenient if you just wanted to go over and grab a nightcap.

The breakfast bar is set up at 6 am on weekdays and 7 am on weekends. My co-workers and I had to leave for our work before the breakfast was set up, so the staff made sure that they had pastries, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee items available for us. Okay - no eggs, sausage or bacon, but even the fast food restaurants weren't ready for us at that time of morning. Another vote for the staff and the service.

Owner even came over and introduced herself to our work group and was genuinely interested in any of our comments or concerns about our rooms and the hotel. I did have one issue and the owner was very apologetic, not just to say "I'm sorry", but was really upset that I might be unhappy. As I was leaving later in the week, she saw me and headed out to the car just to talk and make sure that everything was okay. The bottom line is - I will definitely stay there on the next trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jthom3323
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I spent three weeks here while working in the area. The entire group I was working with was also staying in the same hotel. The staff here was truely amazing and went above and beyond what normal hotel staff do to include expanding their breakfast hours so everyone would have a hot breakfast. The hotel is located near plenty of restaurants and shops that are all within walking distance. The rooms are large and very clean. There is a small sundry shop in the lobby that offers a wide variety of snacks and drinks at reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tlb8141
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We spent one night to attend a seaside wedding by the shore only 3 miles away. The location is commercial, but not a problem as it is not a resort hotel. Nice exterior, sharp lobby, and nicely appointed room that is larger than normal, with free wi-fi, nice desk, stuffed chair with ottoman, large wide screen TV and a king bed. Breakfast had sausage & eggs, waffles, cereals, muffins juice, fruit, milk, yogurt etc.
Well designed and laid out rooms.
One of the nicer hotels we have stayed in for one or two night.

Room Tip: The hotel is in the back of a new strip mall on a corner lot , so drive slow so you can spot it before you pass the entrance. Hopefully they'll install a street side sign soon.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Very lovely hotel. It was decorated very tastefully. The bed was comfy and clean. It wasn't overly crowded. It's located in a commercial area, felt like we were in a parking lot. It was very convenient to Oak Island, which was my goal. The bar down the way was not an issue for me. I never heard anybody and I was there on a Fri. and Sat. night. I thought breakfast was actually pretty good and I'm used to cooking all of my own food. You can make your own fresh waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, juice, eggs, sausage and bacon and I thought it was great. Much better than complimentary breakfasts I have had in the recent past. I would stay here again. I got a great rate with priceline.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Oak Island does not allow new hotels to be built on the beach so this hotel is about 3-5 miles inland, but that also makes it convenient to restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and they have an excellent hot breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple