Wingate by Wyndham Southport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
$149
$87
Travelocity
$97
1,054 results
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfree breakfaststaff was friendlywafflesbaconwaffle makerhot breakfastvery nice hotelking bedthe breakfast areabald head islandolgacrystalwalgreensncoak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Did not get king sized room as promised. Remote did not work on arrival. Tub did not drain, stood in water while taking shower, Area labeled ice and vending had no ice machine or vending machine, just an empty area. Requested manager to call, no response

Room Tip: You will not get what you are promised
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PinehurstDuo
WingateSouthport, Sales Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Southport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear PinehurstDuo,
I am terribly sorry for the problems you had during your stay. I am even more sorry that a manager never contacted you even after you requested them to do so.

We strive to please each and every guest that stays with us and I am sad to say we missed the mark with you. If and when you plan to return to the Southport area, please contact me directly for a room discount so we may have another chance to change your mind about our facility and staff.

Susan
Wingate by Wyndham
Southport, NC

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel along with collegues on a business trip. My wife and I checked in Sunday night before our Monday business meeting. As soon as we get into the room, we noticed that the TV was not working. Had to have front desk staff come down to get the TV to work (remote needed new batteries and problem with TV power cord). First night we noticed that the A/C was not working properly and come to find out next morning that our A/C unit was not even working. Hotel staff did come down next day after my wife raised hell about it and reset unit. Hotel supposedly had outside hot tub, which was one of the reasons we decided to stay there instead of the Hampon Inn, however hot tub was broken the entire time we were there (3 nights). Quality of towels in room are substandard compared to Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites. Wife said on 2nd day of stay that the cleaning maid, who appeared to be of Russian ethnicity, was rude to her about adjusting the A/C. Also, we chose not to have our room cleaned on 3rd day, therefore when we called down to get fresh towels and ask what to do with dirty towels and bag of trash, wife was originally told to leave outside of door. Then 10 minutes later the front desk clerk called the room and asked my wife to bring dirty towels and trash to front desk. Now in my opinion, that is down right unacceptable. Wife complained that front desk clerk had an attitude with her that day and I noticed same thing later than night when I went down to request more towels and tiolet paper, which I had to do on several occasions!! This place is unreal. Never stay here......I've personally stayed at the Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites while on business in Southport in the past and will definitely go back to either one of those places, never the Wingate Inn.....just not up to par with Hilton or Choice hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank uncwmike
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Check in was very fast with no problems. The person at the front desk knew the area and gave us information for several dining options. The guestroom was nice and spacious. The fitness room could be upgraded to include a better eliptical machine and better weigh machine. Breakfast the next morning was very good. It included eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, yogurt, etc. Overall, the WIngate is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
dancepink09, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Southport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

As the front desk manager, I am extremely touched by the comment that you have made. The entire staff at the Southport: Wingate by Wyndham strive to give the best hospitality to all our guests and make them feel at home in our hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Four rooms were set aside for my daughter's wedding. Eight rooms were booked and used by guests attending the wedding. The owner charged the new groom for the non use of four rooms even though proof was given that eight rooms had been used. The owner also charged for two days of the alleged unused rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed the weekend of April 15th-17th. for my daughters wedding
The hotel was all we were hoping for and more. We had a group from all over the United states and the staff was very helpful to all. The hotel is very clean, the breakfast covered everyone's needs and as the mother of the bride I found it very sweet that the evening staff seemed as excited as we were when we left for the wedding and also got back later that night. the staff worked very hard to put us together on 1 floor and I can not say enough about the rooms.
I work at a hotel in Ocean isle Beach, NC so this praise does not come lightly.
I also want to thank the staff for calling me and letting me know that we had left jewelry behind before I had even had a chance to miss it. Honesty is not always easy to find now a days, but Baiji, the general manger has not only found a honest staff, but one who is very friendly, helpful and caring. If I ever have the need to stay in Southport again, this is where I am going.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family