“What a wonderful place to stay! Treated like family!!!”
Review of The Brunswick Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
The Brunswick Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Southport B&B and Inns
Stuttgart, Germany
“What a wonderful place to stay! Treated like family!!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Thank you Jim and Judy for a wonderful visit! I enjoyed staying at your lovely home. I had traveled to America from Germany and found this B&B. I was very pleased at the location and service. I felt like I was at home. The breakfast was delicious and Judy was very accommodating to my special needs. I found my room to be quite large and very clean. The home is peaceful and quiet. I enjoyed coffee on the porch while watching the boats on the water. Jim was helpful with directions and knowlege of the area. I would recommend this beautiful place to my family. Great place to unwind and get away! I will be back to Southport in July and will book my next stay early.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Haymodad

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2010

After seeing some of the other comments, we had to write. Those negative experiences were so far from what my wife and I experienced while staying with Jim and Judy that it's like they were talking about a totally different place and people.

Our experience was one of total relaxation, comfort and the feeling of visiting in the home of dear and trusted friends - even though I was meeting them for the first time. Loved Jim's navy memorabilia and stories and Ginny and I both looked forward to getting back to the house after we toured around.

Could it be they treated us with respect and attention because we respected them? Go expecting to be delighted - and do your part to keep the atmosphere peaceful and relaxing for the other guests. This is a marvelously restored Bed and Breakfast, not a cabin in the deep woods.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LarryandGinny
North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Dear travel friends ~ needed to express my disappointment when arranging travel plans to visit the Brunswick Inn. I booked our visit in the AM, and by early evening I canceled. Reason being is the homeowner was so overly confident, talked down about her fellow B&B establishments in the surrounding area, and in ones eyes rude hence decided that these accommodation and lack of hospitality would not meet our needs. Please do your homework like I did and you will find many folks that have taken the time to bring affirmation to my decision. Sure hope that this is not a reflection of what the rest of Southport has to offer ~ Just needing to share this unfortunate experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
10 Thank JazzNorthCarolina
judy49552, Owner at The Brunswick Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Although we read this review when it was first published, we chose not to respond. However, after talking with guests this weekend, who pointed out the negative review, we were encouraged to respond and set the record straight. The guest in question called to reserve a room after she could not reserve a room at another B&B in town. She kept telling me how she really wanted to stay at this other B&B and proceeded to "work" me on my price. I told her I did not feel we needed to reduce our price because we are a 200+ year old mansion that sits on the water. Something the other B&B did not have to offer. Southport is a very small "pond" and after 13 years in the hospitality business, we would never degrade any business in town, let alone a fellow innkeeper. The woman later called to cancel her reservation, which I knew she would from the beginning. When she wanted to continue on "baggering" me about her reasons for cancelling, I said, "Fine" and hung up. She then proceeded to call and leave a very nasty voice mail. Some people just don't like to hear the word, "no" and respond in a negative way. We're sorry she did not take the opportunity to stay with us. Perhaps she will reconsider one day and come and enjoy this beautiful landmark.
oak island, nc
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were married on Feb 14, 2009 and spent our honeymoon at The Brunswich Inn. We enjoyed our stay there. The owners were wonderful to us. We could not have been happier. We have become good friends with them and will go back for those special retreats. The house is beautiful. The food was wonderful. The environment was warm and friendly. They knew what time we would be coming in and had a fire going in the fire place waiting on us. Make sure she fixes the french toast for breakfast!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 1musicman
Raleigh
Reviewed December 8, 2008

The owner was rude and narrow minded. Obviously not customer oriented. Save your money and go to Riverview Inn!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank bentley1009
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed December 8, 2008

The owner was so rude! She ruined our trip!!! I guess they cater to older people, so she didn't want to 'deal' with us. I'm not sure it was our appearance or younger age, but we were demeaned from the start. The Brunswick Inn is beautiful, but I would NEVER consider staying there ever again; I would NEVER recommend it to anyone else!

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The owner
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Cell1980
judy49552, Owner at The Brunswick Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Again, at the encouragement of guests to respond to a negative review, it is apparent that the review from Disappointed and Rude Hostess were submitted by the couple that stayed on 12/8/08. Unfortunately, we do not remember them or the circumstances but it is upsetting to think that they would find us to be so judgemental. We have 5 children and 8 grandchildren and certainly love to have young, middle aged and older couples stay with us. Sometimes we find that people are not always respectful of other guests staying at the inn or us, as innkeepers. The inn is our personal home and we enjoy opening it up to the public, however, it is sometimes disappointing the lack of respect people have for one another. Again, we apologize and would have liked to have had the couple talk with us directly.
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Spent a wonderful fall afternoon sitting on the porch of this beautiful home built in 1859 overlooking the mouth of the Cape Fear River at Southport. Enjoyed the comforts of the home and bedroom that night with a fire in the fireplace. Awoke to a beautiful sunrise over the harbor, and enjoyed a gourmet breakfast in the beautiful dining room. Enjoyed the company of the inkeepers, Jim & Judy. They have restored this old home to perfection. And the view from the second floor balcony is one you will always remember. It was a perfect ending to a trip to NJ to visit family.

• Liked — The relaxing room.
  • Disliked — Had to leave to go home.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank davesgolf1943
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Ocean Isle Inn
Ocean Isle Inn
#1 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach

Been to The Brunswick Inn? Share your experiences!