“Pretty good place to try”
Review of Thai Peppers

Thai Peppers
Ranked #22 of 84 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had to try this place after hearing it was good but the service can be slow. I wouldn't suggest the sushi but the curry was good, my Mom ordered the Panang and I ordered the Pad Thai. My Mom ate most of mine she thought it was so good.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I love their sushi! I also love their wonton soup! I eat there so much because the service is good and the food is good! There are so many choices for everyone you go with in the group. Some people can have sushi, some people can have thai food, some people can have salad! Many choices, and good food! Big portion! Give it a try! :)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

It's surprising large once you get inside. Very dated decor but the kitchen knew what they were doing. We appreciated the extensive menu and the opportunity to customize each order to personal tastes. Everyone enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

If your idea of Thai cooking is sushi and/or eating celery in a bland sauce, this is the place for you. In all honesty, visits to this restaurant in previous years were pretty good; this year, not so much. I like veggies in my asian cooking, but zucchini really doesn't work in thai food. The dish I had was supposedly ginger chicken, but the ginger was imperceptible, there was no other spice apparent, and the predominant vegetable was celery. Basically, chop suey circa 1965. Two of my compatriots ordered Beef Kaprow, a dish which is normally very spicy; this sauce was closer to a gloopy chow-mein sauce you'd get in a bad chinese place. The remaining person in our party had Cashew chicken; the sauce was flavorless.

On the positive side, the Tom Yum chicken soup was excellent; this dish the restaurant has always done superbly and continues to be quite good. I have no idea how their sushi is, as I don't eat sushi (which is normally considered Japanese, anyway).

This is basically the only thai place in Southport, and the lack of competition is starting to show.

1  Thank TYezek
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The curry fried rice is something i think everyone should try. it has the most unique flavor.you can get it regular or hot. Either one is a good choice. whenever i'm in Southport i stop by for the rice