“A little Fishy Fun”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Southport, North Carolina
“A little Fishy Fun”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food and views are great . Right on the water,watch boats glide up and down the intercoastal. Have a pelican entertain you during dinner. Enjoy local music and stroll through the lovely little town after dinner.

Visited December 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just okay”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went here this evening because not much is open this time of year here. The fish tacos tasted like dry canned salty tuna fish. It looked as if they had over processed the fish. Fish & black beans are a strange pairing, The best part of the taco was deep fried shell. The grouper sandwich had barely enough fish to fill the bun. It was a very stingy portion. The bun was cold & not toasted. The oyster sandwich; the fried oysters were good but the bread was cold & not toasted. The side salads were the only bright spot in this meal. We were very disappointed & left hungry. I would expect better food for $40 for 3.

• Visited December 2012
Edenton, North Carolina
“Bad start, but it got much better”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I walked in with our party of 6. The matra die was nowhere in sight. There was no sign for us to seat ourselves or wait to be seated, so I hesitated. The bartender saw us and called the matra die out of the kitchen foryer to seat us. The bartender was a more than a bit miffed that he had to call her out. I watched her the rest of the night. She was more interested in her phone and yacking with the waitress than seating patrons. But, once we were seated, it went much better. I ordered the fried oysters. Since I am diabetic, I avoid potatoes and cole slaw (full of sugar). I asked if I could substitute broccholi for the fries and slaw, and the waitress said "What about green beans?" I said that would be fine, and I got both broccholi and green beans. Plenty of oysters for the price, well cooked, and not tough. I have had better, but these were more than satisfactory. I don't eat much, but my colleagues are all big eaters, and most could not finish what was on their plates. Get the fish taco if you are on a budget. It looked great. Another got the grouper and sausage kabobs over cheese grits, which was my next choice. He said it was good, and he is not a big grit eater. This place is about on par with Atlantic Steak and Seafood, but a little higher priced and a different atmposphere and clientele. Worth a visit if you are staying here for a few days.

• Visited December 2012
North Carolina
“The name is cute and the seafood was fresh and delicious.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We ate here a coupld of times and had the salads at lunch and some great seafood items at dinner. The fish was fresh as expected and the dishes were well prepared and enjoyable. I also had the fried oysters and they were fresh and tender as well. The service staff was friendly and professional and servie was very good even on busy nights. I'll definitely be back!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank NC7007
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Cant beat the view”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Affordable lunch menu and great appetizers. The friendly staff adds to the quality of the visit. Will be back again!

Visited December 2012