“Care less attitude”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our family and our good friends and their family went out to eat Saturday June 16th at the Fishy Fishy Cafe. We were seated almost immediately and we thought we were in for a great evening, especially with a Party of 11. We ordered first for the children so they could get their food first for they were very hungry, and needed something to occupy them. We sat there and we sat there and watched people come in and get seated and served their food way after us. Now I understand we were a Party of 11, however Grilled Cheese sandwiches and fish Tacos, don't take that long. Finally after the kids ate all the bread they could fill up on since no food was coming, I chased down a Manager and he said he would check what's going on. Than he came back and said its coming up. In the mean time the owner came by and I told him of the situation and he simply said it was handled and shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Mind you this was 45 minutes later. The Manager came back and told us we had just ordered 18 minutes ago, which was absolutely not true, however it might have been when the waitress, whom wasn't concerned about our situation at all. Than when we finally received our orders, we were missing one of the kids orders. All we got was I'll check into that. That order of chicken fingers finally showed up 10 minutes later. The owner, the Manager, no one came and said sorry for your experience is there anything we can do. After chasing down the Manager and showing him the childrens plates that were still almost full, he knocked off a small portion of the Childrens items. Never will go back there again. It was embarassing to bring your friends for a good night out, and have it turn out so badly because of terrible service and attitudes among the Managers and the Owner. Sounds like they need to go to Business 101 training, and learn that Great service, or great attempts to make things go right when they are not, goes a long way in keeping your customers. Food was good, and the Bloody Mary was outstanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We went Memorial Day weekend. We were seated quickly but it took a long time to get our food. (Our wiaiter even apologized for how long it took for our food to get to us.) In our opinion, the setting sitting out on the dock was fabulous but the food was just okay. The waiter was cool. We may try the restaurant next door, next time.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

It took us 45 minutes to get our drinks. To ease our pain, they were free. But since it took that long for drinks, we decided not to order food, afraid we'd be there waiting another hour. They had a musician who was great and the atmosphere and view are fabulous but they need to fire the servers and manager. We told him three times we were waiting and although it appeared he was doing something about it....it took another 20 minutes. Tables were left dirty, menus were sticky. UGH!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great view but just basic fried food. They have a few steaks and chicken and alot of fried frozen food.

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

We ate here twice on our trip. Once was just my hubby and I. For this trip we got a nice meal-fish and ribs. I had the Wahoo which I loved and my hubby had the ribs. He said they were ok. Our portions were huge-we both took them home. Our second trip was with our family and they were able to seat us at large table and service was great. This trip we had something lighter-clams for me and a burger for the hubby. Both got a thumbs up. I definitely recommend going here for a ice meal on the water. It is also convenient to take a walk after dinner along the water back into Southport.