My wife and I travel twice a year to Texas and North Carolina. We stay in motels for two weeks, and we visit restaurants that are local or belong to a chain not located in our hometown.
We visited the Best Western Pinehurst Inn in Southern Pines, North Carolina, for three days, because of its proximity to Fort Bragg, where our son is stationed. It’s a two-story motel, easily reached on US-1, with all rooms accessed from the outside. We’d asked for a first floor room. Ours was located in a courtyard, so we parked in a lot on the opposite side of the building and carried our luggage along the sidewalk to our side of the building. Next time, I’ll ask for a first room floor near parking. Our room was quiet.
Our room was nicely appointed with dark cherry or mahogany colored furniture and complimentary wall and floor color schemes. As with most Best Western Hotels we’ve visited, the furniture included desk, large TV, dresser, king bed, couch, coffee table, refrigerator, microwave, and adequate lamps. The bed was very comfortable. There was a closet nook with several hangers and an adequate half bathroom. Between the closet and half bath was a counter and sink.
The half bath was adequate but not spacious. The shower head had a pulse massager with good pressure and temperature.
Breakfast was mostly what we expect of Best Western. It was served 6:00 to 10:00 in a nice large room with comfortable chairs and spacious tables. The breakfast counter was outside the dining room at a far edge of the lobby. There were yogurt, cereal, instant oatmeal, waffles, bagels, toast, biscuits, muffins, cream cheese, jams, gravy, microwave breakfast sandwiches, coffee, several juices, bananas, and apples. My wife enjoyed a breakfast sandwich and coffee. I enjoyed a breakfast sandwich, bagel with cream cheese and jam, coffee, and juice.
Near the motel were a McDonald’s, Arby’s, Wendy’s, and Dunkin Donuts.
We visited Betsy’s Crepes at 127 Broad Street in Southern Pines. From Best Western, we took US-1 North to Business US-1 and exited right. We followed Business US-1 into SW Broad Street at Pennsylvania Ave. The business section is a charming collection of colonial brick buildings. Betsy’s has as Chicago Storefront entrance between two large windows. There are benches and sidewalk tables that were filled with waiting customers. We entered to sign our names onto the list and sat outside about 40 minutes. The interior has the look of a rustic diner favored by loyal local. There are about 15 tables near each other and a counter with two stools. Betsy’s uses the crepe as a mainstay staple for breakfasts, sandwiches, and dinners. There are traditional dessert crepes with fruit and cream. There are also several flour variety crepes used like a breakfast burrito or taco soft shell. My wife had a crepe wrapped around sausage and eggs. I had a crepe filled with ham, pineapple, provolone cheese, and asparagus. I had a large bowl of mixed banana slices, grapes, and berries. The coffee was delicious. Our waiter was friendly, patient, and helpful as we explored the menu and asked questions. Our young grandchildren found breakfasts and drinks to their liking also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Best Western Pinehurst Inn. Stay at this charming Southern Pines NC hotel, a golfer's paradise with 50 championship golf courses in the area. The Best Western Pinehurst Inn is the perfect escape for golf lovers and business travelers alike. Hotel guests will enjoy the deluxe continental breakfast served daily. Other amenities include outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, business center, valet laundry service; pets are always welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Best Western and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pinehurst Hotel Southern Pines
- Best Western Southern Pines
- Southern Pines Best Western