“Not pet friendly”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Marietta, Georgia
“Not pet friendly”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

You absolutely do not want to stay here with your pets. Heaven forbid if your dog should bark. You will receive a phone call from the manager forbidding you to leave the room, even for the complimentary breakfast, without taking your dog with you. I strongly warn people not to believe their pet-friendly ad. We would never consider staying there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
smcpeake, Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I’m very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay at our property with your pets. Unfortunately, we had several complaints from your neighbors about your little guys having separation anxiety and barking when you went away! In such close quarters, we have to consider everyone’s comfort and experience. I apologize that we had to ask you to keep your dogs with you during the last night of your stay, but I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future. We do love pets, and we would be happy to have you and your dogs with us again!

Stephanie Logwood
Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2012

stopped here on the way north with our dog. some places claim to be pet friendly then charge an arm and leg for a "pet fee". not here. we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place to anyone seeking reasonable lodgings in southern pines.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Mixed reviews, clean and comfortable beds. I found the room small. Breakfast could have better

Stayed April 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed here for a seminar at a nearby hotel that was booked up. The room was clean and spacious. The grounds were nicely landscaped. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was the typical for included. I like the microwave and fridge in each room.

I would stay again. There is no restaurant at the hotel or room service. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, though.

Room Tip: Room with single king had couch, which was nice for TV watching.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I arrived tired and ready for a beverage and a meal. The night clerk was very efficient at getting me checked in and referred me to a nearby restaurant where I had a relaxing meal. She gave me clear directions to the restaurant and the clerk the next morning gave me excellent directions to my meeting location. The room was comfortable and clean, but the biggest surprise was the bed--the best mattress I've slept on in years!! Good value for the price and very pleasant and helpful staff!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I received this hotel on priceline - I had entered the requirements for the area that included a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites etc and was stunned and a little freaked out when I was awarded this Best Western. To be completely honest, I was freaking out because I travel weekly for business and have stayed in some awful hotels. I'm not overly picky but I simply cannot compromise when it comes to cleanliness. When I saw that this was an obviously older hotel, with the doors opening to the outside, I was even more nervous. I was greeted at the front desk by a welcoming smile and the lobby was very tidy. I was quickly checked in and when I entered my room I was shocked - in a good way! While it is no luxury hotel, the room was clean and obviously kept up, kudos to the housekeeping and management for having an older hotel in such great condition. The mattress should probably be replaced soon but it was sufficient for a one night stay. The bathroom was immaculate and the countertops were obviously newer. The value for the dollar was unbeatable here, even without using priceline. I am certainly a fan and will return the next time I'm in Southern Pines! Don't expect a luxury hotel but do be certain that you will have a clean, comfortable and friendly stay at the Best Western, Pinehurst Inn!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank businesstraveler009
smcpeake, General Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments, which I have shared with our front desk and housekeeping staff. I would like you to know that we are in the process of replacing all of our mattresses, and hope that you will be pleased with them when we see you again!

Sammy McPeake
Cameron, North Carolina
Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you need a hotel for a day or a week while in the Pinehurst NC area then stay at the Best Western Southern Pines. Nicely appointed rooms with free internet. Located near all the action. Clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Any floor any room are good
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JimK761
smcpeake, General Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so happy that you were pleased with your stay, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Sammy McPeake
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Pinehurst
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst

Been to Best Western Pinehurst Inn? Share your experiences!