“good choice!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Raleigh
“good choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

I arrived tired and ready for a beverage and a meal. The night clerk was very efficient at getting me checked in and referred me to a nearby restaurant where I had a relaxing meal. She gave me clear directions to the restaurant and the clerk the next morning gave me excellent directions to my meeting location. The room was comfortable and clean, but the biggest surprise was the bed--the best mattress I've slept on in years!! Good value for the price and very pleasant and helpful staff!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I received this hotel on priceline - I had entered the requirements for the area that included a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites etc and was stunned and a little freaked out when I was awarded this Best Western. To be completely honest, I was freaking out because I travel weekly for business and have stayed in some awful hotels. I'm not overly picky but I simply cannot compromise when it comes to cleanliness. When I saw that this was an obviously older hotel, with the doors opening to the outside, I was even more nervous. I was greeted at the front desk by a welcoming smile and the lobby was very tidy. I was quickly checked in and when I entered my room I was shocked - in a good way! While it is no luxury hotel, the room was clean and obviously kept up, kudos to the housekeeping and management for having an older hotel in such great condition. The mattress should probably be replaced soon but it was sufficient for a one night stay. The bathroom was immaculate and the countertops were obviously newer. The value for the dollar was unbeatable here, even without using priceline. I am certainly a fan and will return the next time I'm in Southern Pines! Don't expect a luxury hotel but do be certain that you will have a clean, comfortable and friendly stay at the Best Western, Pinehurst Inn!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank businesstraveler009
smcpeake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments, which I have shared with our front desk and housekeeping staff. I would like you to know that we are in the process of replacing all of our mattresses, and hope that you will be pleased with them when we see you again!

Cameron, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you need a hotel for a day or a week while in the Pinehurst NC area then stay at the Best Western Southern Pines. Nicely appointed rooms with free internet. Located near all the action. Clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Any floor any room are good
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JimK761
smcpeake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so happy that you were pleased with your stay, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Macon, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Though the room is no smoking it smells like cigarette smoke because people stand outside their rooms and smoke and that smoke comes in the A/C unit. Very disturbing to wake up at night to cigarette smoke. Also get a room away from the road, constantly woken up by semi trucks. Sofa in room had large burn hole. Water presure is poor. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Dash741
smcpeake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your experience here was not a good one, and that you were inconvenienced during your stay.

I also appreciate you bringing the sofa and the water pressure to our attention, we will take care of those issues right away.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, and I hope that you will give us another chance when you are next in town.

NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

I would consider this hotel more of a two star hotel. It was not bad for an overnight, but if I had to stay longer I would probably stay elsewhere. The hotel rooms are older, but very clean, but mine had way too much furniture for the small space. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast, not great but not bad either. The location is also somewhat noisy as it is located directly on Hwy 1.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rdhddglvr
smcpeake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I'm very happy that you were pleased with our staff and cleanliness, but sorry that you did not think the rest of your stay exceptional. If there's anything I can do to alleviate your concerns, I would be happy to speak with you at any time. You can contact me at 910-692-0640. I appreciate your business, and hope to see you again! Thank you.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I travel with my job from South Carolina to Maryland. I frequent the Best Western in Southern Pines atleast twice a month. I could stay at any other Hotel in the area but for the past two years I choose the Best Western. I find the rooms clean, the managers reception awesome as well as the breakfast. The staff is friendly and takes care of business. Usually when I walk in the front door they recognize me and call me by name prior to check in. If you are looking a nice safe place with a good staff. This is our place..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Regionmanager
Thank you for your review. We are always happy to see friendly familiar faces, and I'm happy to hear you consider us the same as well. Thank you for your business, and your compliments to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon!

910-692-0640
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I think Motel 6 is better. the room is bland and unremarkable. Front desk staff seems bored and disinterested. the rooms decor is cheap and a little seedy. the pros are, free internet and breakfast. but i would pass, it's not worth either one of these.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sspc
smcpeake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I would like to extend a personal apology for your less than pleasurable experience.

We treat all surveys (good and bad) with the utmost importance. We truly want our guests to feel that our hotel is their home away from home and as such we invite you to give us another chance in the future.

We will be sure to address the aforementioned staff issue during our weekly employee meeting. There is no excuse for that type of behavior and again, I apologize that you had to experience it.

In addition, Hotwire is a valued partner and as such we will resolve any incorrect star rating issues immediately.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Pinehurst
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Jefferson Inn
Jefferson Inn
#1 of 12 in Southern Pines

Been to BEST WESTERN Pinehurst Inn? Share your experiences!