“Not quite satisfied”

Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Though the room is no smoking it smells like cigarette smoke because people stand outside their rooms and smoke and that smoke comes in the A/C unit. Very disturbing to wake up at night to cigarette smoke. Also get a room away from the road, constantly woken up by semi trucks. Sofa in room had large burn hole. Water presure is poor. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Dash741
smcpeake, General Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your experience here was not a good one, and that you were inconvenienced during your stay.

I also appreciate you bringing the sofa and the water pressure to our attention, we will take care of those issues right away.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, and I hope that you will give us another chance when you are next in town.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

I would consider this hotel more of a two star hotel. It was not bad for an overnight, but if I had to stay longer I would probably stay elsewhere. The hotel rooms are older, but very clean, but mine had way too much furniture for the small space. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast, not great but not bad either. The location is also somewhat noisy as it is located directly on Hwy 1.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rdhddglvr
smcpeake, General Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I'm very happy that you were pleased with our staff and cleanliness, but sorry that you did not think the rest of your stay exceptional. If there's anything I can do to alleviate your concerns, I would be happy to speak with you at any time. You can contact me at 910-692-0640. I appreciate your business, and hope to see you again! Thank you.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

I travel with my job from South Carolina to Maryland. I frequent the Best Western in Southern Pines atleast twice a month. I could stay at any other Hotel in the area but for the past two years I choose the Best Western. I find the rooms clean, the managers reception awesome as well as the breakfast. The staff is friendly and takes care of business. Usually when I walk in the front door they recognize me and call me by name prior to check in. If you are looking a nice safe place with a good staff. This is our place..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Regionmanager

Thank you for your review. We are always happy to see friendly familiar faces, and I'm happy to hear you consider us the same as well. Thank you for your business, and your compliments to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon!

910-692-0640

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I think Motel 6 is better. the room is bland and unremarkable. Front desk staff seems bored and disinterested. the rooms decor is cheap and a little seedy. the pros are, free internet and breakfast. but i would pass, it's not worth either one of these.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sspc
smcpeake, General Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2010

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I would like to extend a personal apology for your less than pleasurable experience.

We treat all surveys (good and bad) with the utmost importance. We truly want our guests to feel that our hotel is their home away from home and as such we invite you to give us another chance in the future.

We will be sure to address the aforementioned staff issue during our weekly employee meeting. There is no excuse for that type of behavior and again, I apologize that you had to experience it.

In addition, Hotwire is a valued partner and as such we will resolve any incorrect star rating issues immediately.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

I had lower handicap room upon check-in booked through Hotwire. I was working at my desk and realized that fleas were biting my legs. They moved me to new room on second floor. In the morning I awoke to find a cockroach upside down on the bathroom floor. I called Hotwire and received a refund and checked out, skipping second night. As I was packing, a small spider was crawling up the side of the mattress, then quickly disappeared between them.
I have had very good luck with Hotwire and bugs are more prevalent in the south, but in my opinion, they do not take care of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank RDC333
smcpeake, General Manager at Best Western Pinehurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the problems you had during your stay. We care very much about our hotel and our making our guest’s stays exceptional, and I wanted to personally apologize to you that yours was not.

As you said, bugs are a bigger problem in the south, and can be difficult to manage. In the time since you shared your concerns with us we have switched from a local company to a nationally recognized brand to handle our pest extermination needs. It is our belief that this will prevent any other guests from having the same experience you did.

However, your experience was unacceptable and we agreed completely with refunding your stay through Hotwire. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future if you visit the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area. Please feel free to contact me directly at 910-692-0640 at any time.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this Best Western Hotel..The entire facility was spotless and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was also very nice..

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Thank you also for your compliments about our cleanliness and staff. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is the third year that our golf group consisting of 28 men have stayed at the Best Western in Southern Pines. I cannot say enough about the cordial atmosphere and service we have had for 3 years. We used the hotel service for putting together a golf package and it could not have worked out better. The entire staff makes you feel welcome and all the facilities are first rate. The rooms are clean and the area is quiet even though it is on a major highway. Walking distance to several great places to eat.
I would not hesitate to stay at this Best Western for any of my travel needs.

• Stayed: June 2010

Thank you for your review, and for your compliments to our staff. It is always a pleasure to have your group with us, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Pinehurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines
SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines
1 mi away
Days Inn Conference Center Southern Pines Pinehurst
Days Inn Conference Center South...
#10 of 12 in Southern Pines

Been to Best Western Pinehurst Inn? Share your experiences!