“Delicious mix of flavors and cultures”

195 American Fusion Cuisine
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

I came here to deliver a presentation to a group of customers. Usually those Meetings offer a limited set of options (1 meat, 1 fish,1 chicken) which makes my options as a pescetarian alwas limited to one.
To my surprise we got a list with around ten appetizers and 10 entrees. Difficult choices, beside the meat options now I had plenty to chose from.
Interesting to see some Mexican options, several Indian options and some ingredients I would have maybe not expected for some dishes. It raised my curiosity.
Then we were told that the chef comes from India (explains one) and was working long time for a chef being famous for his Tex-Mex cousins (explains the second) and given that I saw many goats on my way there the goat cheese seems to be the local detail (and luckily I love it!).
I got the fried oysters for appetizer and the paneer (with goat cheese) and several naan options. It was delicious.
The staff was also very friendly and conversational, which made it easy to go and understand the menu.
They have also an outside setting area which was packed given the nice weather.
The location is somehow tricky to find, not for my GPS, but you may get confused by the car sales lots around.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

If you go, you must try the Sea Bass. It was melt-in-my-mouth perfect! We ate indoors because it was a little warm outside but it did look lovely out there and I hope to dine there in cooler months. The waitress was very helpful in recommending menu items and her service was lovely. Excellent wine list.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

My husband, daughter-in-law, and I had lunch here on a Friday in June. The main dining area was one huge room with contemporary decor. An outdoor side court yard was also open. Most lunch entrees were priced at about $12 with gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options available. Our server was friendly and attentive. My husband had the min bean soup which he liked so much, he purchased a quart container to take home. Additionally, a health food store is co-located in part of the restaurant building. It had a few tables for more casual dining.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

I'm not sure if this was perhaps an off night for the employees but upon arrival they were not very welcoming. They seemed annoyed that we did not have a reservation and were not overly excited that we would be joining them for dinner. I had assumed they must have been packed considering the reservation comment - when they said they could still seat us, the restaurant was nearly empty. Average review was for the lack of customer service as well as the slowness of the service.

The food however - the food was really delicious. We tried the curry chicken and their lamb dish - they were very tasty. The buffalo chicken quesadilla was also a treat.

The ambiance wasn't quite as anticipated and they were pretty pricey.

Glad we tried this restaurant but not sure we would find a reason to return.

2  Thank RaeRaeY
Reviewed July 14, 2017

My wife and I always enjoy our visits to 195 Restaurant, and the other reviewers have nicely captured the quality of the food, the handsome decor, and the professionalism of the staff. My contribution to this discussion is to mention that just this week we hired 195 to cater a large garden party at our home. We worked with Anna, Decker and Sarah, and the entire experience was simply terrific. They prepared all the food in the restaurant and brought it to the house by truck. They served vegetarian egg rolls, spicy shrimp and guacamole on a crispy home-made cracker (delish!), and numerous other choices. All my guests were very, very pleased.

A couple of items worthy of mention:

They were exactly on-time and very well-prepared;

The quantity of food they brought was enormous, far more than I was expecting, which ensured none of the guests left hungry;

Sarah also served as a bartender which made my hosting duties much simpler;

They cleaned every dish, pan, countertop, and tool and put everything away perfectly; I think the kitchen was actually cleaner when they left than it was when the arrived.

The entire evening was a huge success, and I will certainly select the 195 Restaurant again for dining both in the restaurant and when catering is required.