“The Best Seeded Rye”

Broad Street Bakery & Cafe
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My old man was a bread baker for 45 years which meant that in our house the expiration on a loaf was 24 hours. After that my mom literally threw what was left to the birds (in our yard). With that as a set-up, it is my opinion that the seeded rye at Broad Street is the best I have tasted in decades! Get it early in the morning, coming out of the oven hot and I cannot guarantee it will make it to your home.

1  Thank IntrepidPhotog
There are newer reviews for Broad Street Bakery & Cafe

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was really disappointed with my visit here. It looks like a cute "cafe" from outside but inside it looks like a dirty gas station deli station. It was very unclean, cluttered, and unwelcoming. I had the tomato and mozzarella panini. It was mediocre but the best part was when the man making the sandwiches put the salad on the plate with his bare hands!!! I saw him do this to several plates with no gloves. Needless to say I did not eat the salad! I will never go here again. The two staff members seemed to be arguing and they didn't have very professional attitudes with customers. Overall, a terrible place to dine for many reasons!

2  Thank Jamie A
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had the chocolate croissant which was ordinary...not as good as we had hoped. Also had a cherry turnover that wasnt even as good as a Pepperidge Farm's frozen turnover! There were NO whole cherries inside, just cherry pie filling without the cherries. Sadly it was just a gelatinous cherry flavored center.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Brad Street Bakeruy is really good espcially their pastires and breakfast sandwiches. The place is not very clean and I just don't get it that they can't clean their bathrooms and make it more preseantable. They own the building so make it nicer.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Broad Street Bakery isn't spectacular but it will get the job done when you're trying to fill your need for sweets. Everything is made in house. There isn't a big variety of items to choose from like some bakeries offer. The staff is quiet but nice. It's in a busy location so you'll have to street park. The prices are reasonable. I've never ordered anything from here so I couldn't tell you what that's like but the stuff in the case is always fresh.