“Imaginative southern fare”
Review of Rhett's

Rhett's
Ranked #16 of 104 Restaurants in Southern Pines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Broad and Bennett
Description: Rhett's Restaurant, Catering, and Personal Chef - Specializing in Southern Gourmet Cuisine
Henderson NC
“Imaginative southern fare”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food was excellent taking advantage of local fresh vegetables and fruits. Stables on the menu are a great shrimp and grits dish and a totally original Chicken cordon bleu. Wine menu was only fair and service was average. Overall a good experience.

Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Save room for dessert”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Beautiful night to sit in the courtyard with friends and enjoy dinner, drinks and a fabulous chocolate peanut butter trifle dessert

“Dinner at Rhett's”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went to Rhett's based on a recommendation from a couple we met on the golf course today. Everything was excellent. I had the chicken cordon blue and my husband had the lamb. Both were delicious. I would recommend reservations though. We got there early and were lucky enough to get the last available table at the bar. It is Southern style cooking. Rhett stopped by our table twice to make sure that we were satisfied. The bartender/waitress, Kelli was also very friendly and attentive.

Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Small Menu - Big Taste”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose Rhett's based on reviews in Trip Advisor, and we weren't sorry that we did. In fact, my wife and I had lunch on Thursday and returned with four more family members on Saturday.

My wife had the salad with grilled tuna both times. She said the tuna was the best she had ever had. The bib lettuce was fresh and tasty, and the homemade dressing (ginger sesame) was equally delicious. On the second visit, all four ladies had the salad with either tuna or chicken, and either the ginger sesame or sweet vidalia onion dressing, and all were totally happy with their choices.

On the first visit, I had the chicken avocado sandwich with red pepper mayo - a very nice combination that was especially good with the red pepper mayo. As a side, I chose the Gouda-mac-and-cheese, which was delicately flavored with the cheese and excellent. On my second visit, I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was quite good, but not as much out of the ordinary as the other dishes. This time, I chose to go the extra $1.50 for a cup of their roasted red pepper soup - good choice on my part - wonderful soup. My brother-in-law opted for a bowl of the same soup (also very pleased) and the chicken and avocado sandwich. Don't remember his side, but he was very happy with his meal.

We had several desserts. On the first day, they were offering a strawberry and basil cake with a balsamic icing, which we split. Sounds a little odd - the flavors were spot on, but the cake could have been moister. No big problem, as we ordered a scoop of ice cream, and that easily made up for the lack of moisture in the cake. The second time we split the chocolate cake - a very good choice and recommended. My brother-in-law chose a berry cobbler, which he said was tasty, but a little tart for his taste - he would have liked it a little sweeter.

Service was really quite good. Prompt and attentive without getting in the way, and very knowledgable of the menu items.

Menus and prices are available on their website - we thought the prices were quite reasonable.

We will definitely return, and I think we made fans of our family members as well.

• Visited March 2013
“Third trip”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this delightful little find thre times in the last couple of months. Always pleasantly greeted, quickly taken care of. Food choices always so tempting it is difficult to make a decision. Every entry we have had has been awesome. They are always just a bit special from what you might expect. Sides are very unusual but always excellent. Chef owner checks with each table often more than once during the evening. He obviously wants you happy. Deserts are killer.