“What is the fuss about?”
Review of The Lob Steer Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Lob Steer Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Musky atmosphere, food moderate, staff okay, wait long, bill was crazy expensive for the experience. Tall lady with long blond hair was overly obnoxious

2  Thank Jest C

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The annual golf trip "committee" dictates that the first night of the trip dinner will be at the Lob Steer. The food is decent, if not pedestrian, the service is adequate, and the atmosphere is quaint. The bill is always higher than the quality demands though, and this golfer is ready to try somewhere more highly rated on Trip Adviser.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Inferior cuts of meat, long wait, wrong orders, no prime rib at 7pm on a Saturday.....I could go on. This was always a nice stop in the area, but won't return. If you find value in just meat...not a good grade of meat...you will probably find my thoughts wrong. If you want a good piece of meat, go elsewhere. The drawn "butter" that came with the lobster was undefinable in taste. Watered down and salty beyond belief. No wine choices....they were "out" of most of what we wanted. This was a real dissapontment. Very disorganized. Sorry folks, you're not what you used to be to me

1  Thank CliveWatkins
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Took some friends to Lobsteer Inn on a Monday night in August. They tell us it is usually packed on weekends when they come, but apparently not on a Monday.

We suggested it because we liked the name when we saw it off the highway. They're apparently known for the salad bar and prime rib. Our guests had been there a number of times.

It is indeed one of the better salad bars I've seen, with LOTS of options and fresh appearance. If it had been lunchtime, I wouldn't have bothered wtih anything more.

The one who had prime rib was pleased; I had a good filet mignon, the sword fish was excellent, as was the seafood medley platter. And she who likes them enjoyed her mussels (hmm...). Service too was excellent. We'd definately return.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I went to the Lob Steer for the first time last week, and we loved it. The salad bar was fabulous. Not only were there the usual salad items, but there were mussels, crayfish, a variety of mushrooms and everything looked and tasted fresh. Next time, I may just have the salad bar! My husband ordered the rib eye and lobster tail, and he said that it was great. I ordered a mixed grill fish dinner; it was good, but a little on the dry side. We will certainly go back.