“So easy, inexpensive and enjoyable!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Talamore Golf Resort
Lexington, South Carolina
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“So easy, inexpensive and enjoyable!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My golf buddies and I get together each year. Traveling to different destinations each year from Georgia to Virginia. This year I chose Talamore. So easy from the initial phone call with Jo Anna with Tobacco Road Travel to check-out. We stayed in the Villas 2 bedroom 2 bath on the 2nd floor overlooking number nine of Talamore. Relaxing on the balcony watching golfers hack away.... We played Legacy, Friday (Great) Talamore, Saturday (Better) and Mid South, Sunday (BEST). The convenience of staying in the villas and playing Talamore was outstanding.
Pace of play was pretty slow but what can be expected on a Saturday in a resort! We even got in an emergency 9. $25.00. The Villas were well equipped if you wanted to cook your meals. We went out each evening. Would recommend Tobacco road Travel for your next golf outing to Southern Pines

Visited October 2013

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“poor greens”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Talamore is a great place to stay for a buddies trip to Pinehurst. This is the only reason I am willing to give it an average review. Besides that the greens are really bad. I played today and decided to stop after nine because my ball was bouncing all over the green.

The layout isn't bad and the rough is challenging in the summer, but there are many other better places you can play very close.

When it first opened they used llamas as caddies until PETA complained. Now they are kept in a pen on the back nine. Interesting gimmick that they still promote with llama emblems everwhere.

Visited July 2013
Orangeville, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“More March Golf”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I golfed one afternoon here while my son enjoyed the private golf course Country Club of North Carolina. The Talamore golf course lat one time must of raced horses or was a horse farm for it still had some of the fencing up around certain holes. It is a fairly wide open course but does have some real estate type holes. It was okay but a bit expensive for what it had to offer compared to other courses I have played on in North Carolina.

Visited March 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Talamore”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice track. Course was in good shape. Not a lot of blind shots off the tee like some of the other area courses. Playing again tomorrow.

Visited May 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very disappointing - look elsewhere”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Golf course was in very poor condition and quite overpriced considering the state of their fairways and greens. While we have played here many times previously at a more reasonable rate (a fine place to play at the start of a few days in Pinehurst, but certainly nothing special) we felt mistreated and frankly "taken" today. Prices were up, and they were very quick to remind me that they were "in season". Unfortunately no one bothered to tell the golf course, where the greens were recently aerated and sanded, and the fairways were spotty, bare and the grass has not yet in come in for the spring....Still in winter like conditions given the recent weather patterns. Look elsewhere for a better experience. Nowhere near the price they are charging. We will not be back.

1 Thank S F