“Cozy surprise!”
Review of The Downtown Grill - CLOSED

The Downtown Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My first impression of the Downtown Grill, was how cozy it is. A pleasant place to enjoy a drink and some great food, without all the noise. The service was excellent! I ordered their portabella burger with spinach. What a gourmet delight! I enjoyed that with the house salad to which I added the fried shrimp. They have flat screens over the bar area to keep you entertained if you are dining alone, as I was. they also have a dining area for a more intimate meal with friends.

1  Thank pminyon

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a great little burger joint. Love the down town Southern Pines/Broad Street area and this little place is a highlight with photos and paintings of down town adorning the very tastefully decorated restautrant. The food is very good if you're looking for burgers, wings, hot dogs, salads, wraps - that kind of thing. Don't get me wrong , this is not a greasy spoon, this is good stuff. I agree with previous reviewer, the fresh cut fries are outstanding. I had the A1 Burger and it was great, nice crust on the outside, perfectly medium in the middle. Next time I get a burger craving I'm going right past Applebees and going to DTG. Prices aren't bad - 7-9$ for 8oz Burger but they are availble in 4 and 12oz sizes as well. On par with Applebee's type places but you get the local flare and your buck stays local too. We'll be back.

1  Thank Allan G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is very charming with a lot of pictures of downtown. Food is delicious and the quality of the ingredients is great, they make the best french fries in town! My favorite is the Chicken Caprese sandwhich and my husbands the Southern Whey burger.

1  Thank DraMendoza
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I tried The Downtown Grill a few weeks ago after we got off from work and were pleasantly surprised. They have a warm, cozy atmosphere and a great menu selection. Among other things they have some unique burger selections that you can get in 4, 8, or 12 oz sizes, which is perfect for us. My favorite is a southwestern styled burger with avocados and other yummy toppings. Every time we've been there, there has been plenty of families with kids. There is also a bar section that we did not check out. It's a fun place that we look forward to trying again sometime.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This new restaurant in the Sandhills made an impression on a group that visited recently. Food was great, service perfect and the 14 people in the group went away very satisfied.
Trying to take a group of 8 to the restaurant a few weeks later left a bad taste in our mouths. Though the reservation was booked and accepted, when the group arrived we were told reservations were not honored. This required a split of our group or a half hour wait for a table to open.
Food was still good though service was not as good as our first visit because the grille was very busy and a longer wait than we wanted faced us.
Overall a good eatery but there is need to clarify its policy on bookings.