“Nice food and comfortable surroundings.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 106 Restaurants in Southern Pines
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good food, went in for a sharing meal. So just had a few sides the ribs, they were melt in the mouth. The flavours were good. The staff were very friendly and helpful with the menu. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness of the floor and worried when the waitress took my credit card not the kitchen to charge me for my dinner.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Honestly, it's been years since I've eaten at an Outback. But what I recalled was better than average steaks, a cozy vibrant atmosphere, and good service. Well, either this particular location has issues or Outback has changed (for the worse!). My recent experience was not good and memorable only for what was unacceptable.

We arrived after 8PM on a Sunday night and were quickly seated. Drinks arrived quickly and we ordered quickly as well. We both ordered salads, a steak (what else?), and a dessert as part of a Father's Day special. After ordering we waited and waited. Then our salads arrived and they were tasty. Halfway through our salads our steaks arrived, way too early...Good service means coordinating appetizers/salads with the main course. They failed there.

My bone-in ribeye was just average. It was thin and not very tender. I felt like I was getting the last steak in their freezer that Sunday night. The side veggies were no better than average. When we were almost finished, we ordered another round of beers and specifically asked for our desserts (already ordered) to be held until after our beers were consumed. But you guessed it - just a few minutes later our desserts arrived. Come on…I'd made a specific request in that regard. They weren't busy…please listen to what your customers would like. They failed again.

While still sipping our beers and before even starting on our desserts, our server arrived with the check! Huh? I finally asked if they were just interested in getting us out of the place because it sure seemed that way. The server started on a longish story about how food comes out super fast (like entrees in 7-8 minutes). NO ONE wants to go to a "nice" restaurant and have the food shoveled out of the kitchen at warp speed. I politely asked for a pause in this machine-gun service.

She complied and we finished our meal in peace. But my opinion of Outback went down two notches due to both the uncoordinated food delivery system and due to the just average steak quality. The steak restaurant category is crowded and Outback just fell off the leader board in my world.

2  Thank Craig A
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Coconut shrimp and salad on the lunch menu was very good and plentiful for a noon meal. It's great to have the option of lunch specials after church on Sunday. Service was good as well.

1  Thank Vickisuttle
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Calling ahead is the way to go! We called ahead only five minutes away and did not have to wait in line once we arrived. Also, we ordered a two for one price type deal. We expected to have small portions or everything, but were surprised by hearty portions of everything, including dessert.

1  Thank hcarver8
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Excellent customer service!!!!!
The staff was attentive & courteous. They ALL aim to please- from the waitress ~ the bartender~ the kitchen manager. Everyone is there to make your experience a pleasant one. If there was a problem ~ they were quick to correct it & make it right. I was highly impressed with the customer service & would definitely recommend this restaurant . Thank you for making our evening out a happy one!

1  Thank Born2TakeRisks