“Another So. Pines Restaurant that I want to love...”
Review of Rue ThirtyTwo - CLOSED

Rue ThirtyTwo
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Page St
Reviewed December 23, 2012

But just don't. Rue 32 is another good effort by the folks who brought us Eliot's and the Sly Fox. The food I have had there is, on average, very good. However, Every time I walk out the door after spending entirely too much money I'm left with the feeling of "great, now what's for dinner?". Obviously being a Tapas or "small/share plate" restaurant, it is designed to offer several selections to share among diners, but the plates are *tiny* and overpriced. Forget sharing with more than one person, most of the plates have three spoons of food, with a cost similar to a full meal at other restaurants. 15$ for three small scallops? No. Just....no. A for effort on the creative menu, but a major fail on keeping customers happy. After giving this cutely decorated place three tries, I'm out, and I suspect many others are, too.

2  Thank allie c

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've been in twice now. The staff is friendly, but absent-- each time I've walked in, there was nobody manning the ship. No hostess, no bartender, no server. So I look at my watch and start to count to 60, as I do anywhere, and each visit someone walked out in the nick of time.

The servers are friendly. The space is bright, lots of windows, a back patio, and they do a lot of events. It is a tapas-style menu, but its costly, and the food isn't a knockout. The second time in I spoke briefly with the chef, and she seems competent and creative, but I wasn't wow-ed by the food. There is an interesting beer list, and they have the wine system that keeps it fresh as it dispenses out of a tap, which allows them to get interesting wines and not worry about selling them straightaway. A nice place to meet a friend for a drink, but I'd skip dinner.

1  Thank thecheshirechap
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The tapas were pretty good and had a very nice selection. They also had a goo wine selection. They were slow so we got really good service. Overall I would recommend it.

1  Thank Mac W
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We should have known that this was not a prime spot when we found ourselves as the only people in the place for lunch. The meat pie pizza was a mess of bits of overcooked beef on a rock-hard pizza crust. Don't know what happened to the "local pepperoni and proscuitto." The grilled chicken sandwich defied description -- a small piece of chicken between two large, deep fried, green tomatoes, all pressed between a very strange bun. Accompanied by undercooked cranberry-leek quinoa. Another disaster, that poses the question -- who thinks up these menu items?. The wait person was good, but deserves better food to serve to customers at lunchtime.

2  Thank James S
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We love Rue 32! Easily walkable but has plenty of parking. The food is eclectic - you can have small plates from Europe, Africa, North Carolina, etc. The best part for my husband is that they can cook gluten free easily.