“Pretty Good”
Review of Mellow Mushroom Pizza Baker - CLOSED

Mellow Mushroom Pizza Baker
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Food is Pretty Good. Love that the patio is pet friendly. The patio is very laid back. Inside is hectic and loud. The Thai Chili wings are great. Great beer selection but disappointed that the last 2 times thay have not had any Sam Adams.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Love the pizza but could not even talk to my husband due to the music being soooooooo horribly loud and we were sitting in a room where it was supposed to be queit. Would love to go back but just way to noisy, they do have a nice large outdoor area where you can eat.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been to this restaurant multiple times, and have been disappointed on almost everything. The atmosphere is very eccentric, but in a good way. The decoration is enthusiastic and enjoyable; the rest is a torrential waste. The food is basically a pathetic attempt at an Italian cuisine. The only thing enjoyable that is edible here is the soft pretzel appetizer. It is, surprisingly, the most delicious soft pretzel I have ever had. The pizza, on the other hand, has tasty crust but a disgusting topping disorder. The wait is as everyone says, but I had to wait an hour and a half for a pizza. Before that, a twenty minute wait to sit was in effect. The price, also, is devastating. They expect you to pay a very large sum of money for a simple pizza even when it tastes so bad. People who think that pizza like that tasts good have certainly not tried New York Pizza. If you want a fun and memorable vacation, avoid this atrocity.

2  Thank pjboston14
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch today with a friend. I had gone once before, right after they opened, and had a very bad experience. Since my friend had not tried it I thought I'd give them another chance. We asked if we could sit outside and were told sure they'd be right out with the menus. Right out turned into 5 minutes. Okay, no big deal. When ordering we were told that pizza's and calzones would take 25 minutes. So I ordered an appetizer. It took 25 minutes just to get the appetizer and then another 10 minutes for my sandwich to arrive. I ordered the chicken and cheese which was supposed to be hot, but it arrived cool. My friend's calzone took an additional 10 minutes to arrive and needless to say, she was not happy. To make matters worse, it too, came out cool. She let the waitstaff and manager know that she was very unhappy and they did nothing to try to make it better.

2  Thank terpgal82
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Don't go hungry. When the nice waitress says it will take 25 minutes, add another 20 or so. The spinach/artichoke appetizer was all that came within 25 minutes. When my lunch partner's sandwich came, I waited for several more minutes. I asked the guy delivering food to the next table ladies (who had been seated after us) about my calzone. He didn't appear to care and said it was coming. Well, so is the end of the world, but when? About the time my friend had eaten half of her sandwich, my calzone appeared--lukewarm (as was my friend's hoagie) and overcooked to my taste. When I complained about having to wait so long, the waitress said she had told me it would take 25 minutes as if I were stupid and couldn't tell time. By now, I had to leave and get back to work with my lunch in a box. My friend says the manager came over when the waitress brought our checks and said she would be back, but I didn't hear her and couldn't stay. I will never go back there and will suggest that anyone wanting decent service avoid this Mellow Mushroom as well.

2  Thank c0tt0nt0p