“fantastic bed linens, nosy staff”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed January 3, 2009

The bed linens were snow white and clean as a pin! The pillows were fluffy. The window seat was a great touch! The man behind the counter was a bit nosy but all in all I give this place a 4 out of 5 stars. I found it clean and inviting.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines

Reviewed September 2, 2008

We booked 2 rooms there Labor Day weekend for one night. Both rooms had 2 queen beds which had the new Dream Well bedding. This was a welcome change from their old type bedding. I tend not to rest well in a motel due to hard mattresses but had a good night's sleep at Microtel. The motel is in a good location, the staff was very pleasant to deal with. When we arrived neither room had the A/C on and the rooms were quite hot. The family members traveling with us had a box fan but we did not. The lobby graciously lent us their fan until the room cooled down. They had no other rooms with 2 beds that they could move us to that were cooler - they did check (they offered, we didn't ask). The rooms were clean - it did take the hot water awhile to get to the shower the next morning but there were not many guests in our wing of the hotel. Once we let the water run long enough everything was fine. The motel had lowered their basic rate rather than giving various discounts and the price was very reasonable. Regular carb breakfast offered as part of the rate. Would recommend this motel to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 29, 2008

All I can say is that I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!
We checked in and went to our room. Got into the room and my son discovered that the carpet near the window was wet and moldy. We asked for another room, which was given to us, but it had the same problem. Asked for a third room change, the clerk offered to move us to the other side of the hall. She said they had a problem with rain water coming in on the side we were in.
We went to the room on the other side, same problem, though not as bad,so tired of moving, we stayed in the third room.
Breakfast was not worth mentioning. By the time we got to breakfast ( around 9:30am) everything as nearly gone and not restocked. We ate breakfast out both days of our stay.
After being out all day, we returned to our room to discover the window had been left open by someone (not us). It was probably the cleaning person. We suspect it was open all day.
It was a ground level room and all our belongings were in plain sight for anyone to break the screen and take what they wanted.
We had a three day reservation, but left after 2 days. That was all we could take.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank MB_from_NJ
Reviewed November 12, 2006

Upon arrival the receptionist was not very friendly, but we got checked in quickly. The room was small but comfortable. Housekeeping could have done a better job on the bathroom floor, but overall I would stay there again for a short stay only. It was nice for the Low price.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 16, 2006

I had the pleasure to stay at this location last Spring. It was a very pleasant experience-so much so, that when I checked out, I made reservations to return in October for two rooms. One handicap and one with two beds. Upon my arrival on October 13th, my reservation was not to be found. The young lady checking me in was helpful as she could be. She at long last found us 2 rooms --then as a last resort, I asked her look at the rooms reserved to make sure that I wouild not be charged as a no show. Low and behold, one of the rooms were booked under my first name! The room was nice and clean and I was pleased. The next night, there was no soap in the room (not even the old one from the night before) nor towels. The room was tidied, but no replacement were left. The bedspread, when it was pulled back had yellow stains on it. The tub drained very slowly and this was reported on checkout. The ice machine was not working and I was told it had been broken for several months by one of the staff.
Breakfast was basic, and the coffee was good! So no complaints on that department.
I hope this was just a BAD weekend but if the management has changed since the Spring, someone needs to look in to it. Thanks and hoping for improvement as I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank potterynut
Reviewed May 5, 2006

The Microtel is well situated, near restaurants and shops and not far from Pinehurst. Room very comfortable but breakfast hardly worth going down for. No lift, which may put some people off. Receptionist not very knowledgeable about the local area. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank peter lock
A TripAdvisor Member
frederick, md
Reviewed August 25, 2004

Have stayed there many time and find it clean, comfortable and convenient. The breakfast could be improved but over all a good value.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
Days Inn Conference Center Southern Pines Pinehurst
Days Inn Conference Center South...
#10 of 12 in Southern Pines
Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines
Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pi...
#9 of 12 in Southern Pines
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines? Share your experiences!