“southern pines”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed September 25, 2012

the staff was very helpful and the room was nice and clean. we completely enjoyed our stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel. This was a beautiful hotel and property. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here with the family (4 adults, 3 kids) in 3 rooms. It was just what we needed for 2 nights in July for a junior world golf tournament that a relative was participating in.

Rooms: clean, ac worked well, beds comfy, bathroom fine with good shower

Breakfast: mostly prepackaged stuff-bagels, danishes and cereals, but adequate for what was included in room price

Service: quick check in at midnight, answered questions

Area: easy to get to from highway, lots of restaurants nearby, also a Rite Aid down the block

All in all just what we needed, for a nice cleandecent place with breakfast included

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I also booked this room back in February. There was a big concert in May (this passed weekend) 30 minutes away from this hotel that I was attending and every hotel closer was completely booked even in February. The price wasn't the best for what was offered. I got there and there was an issue with the reservation. I had already spoken to someone the day before arrival to make sure everything was done and paid for and they had my reservation because in 3 months I hadn't received any communication from them besides the confirmation from micotelinn.com. There was some confusion and I had gotten in at a late hour so I was just told to go to bed and the manager would call me if he needed me. At 1 AM the room phone rang and it was the night manager and he tells me my card was never actually charged and I have to pay cash now..."see you at the desk in a minute." CLICK. His bedside manner was atrocious. I was sleeping so I went into the lobby with one eye open only to see he is speaking with a police officer loud enough for me to hear about some people playing music and singing. These people happened to be right outside my window while I was trying to sleep so I knew he had come out there one time to warn them. I waited for almost 30 minutes sitting on the lobby floor for him to get back to me for fear of him sending cops after me next for not paying for my room. There was a new female desk employee there around the same time and she had more customer service skills than all of them put together. All of the other employees there were rude. One even attempting to push past me to try and clean the room as we were trying to make our way out of the room door. I hadn't even had the chance to close the door and put the "Do Not Disturb" sign in. The continental breakfast is far from continental. Or maybe I need to look it up in the dictionary because it may not mean what I thought it meant. The bagels are pre-packaged and tasted old even after toasting it, the milk for the cereal was warm, the pre-packaged muffins were also old tasting, the coffee was diner quality, and the orange juice was like orange-water. For 10 more dollars I could've had a hotel with more anemities and had a more welcoming experience. If only I had been faster on the reservation draw...

Room Tip: There is no where to escape outside noise if there happens to be any.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel in February, but when I showed up in May to check-in, the clerk gave me the keys to a room that had obviously not been cleaned. The blankets and sheets were torn off of the bed and there was trash all over the room. I returned the keys to the clerk, who told me there were no more available rooms and he wasn't allowed to clean the room without the manager present. After talking to him for half an hour, he finally got his manager on the phone. He spoke as quietly as possible, but I still heard him tell his manager that he was "short on supplies" and didn't have clean sheets or towels for the room. When he hung up, he said that he would go clean the room for me. When I asked him about the linens, he admitted that he did not have any clean ones, so I am assuming he planned on re-making the beds with the dirty sheets already in the room. He was extremely rude and unwilling to help me in any way. I refused to stay in the flthy room and ended up having to drive the two hours back home. I will never book a room at another Microtel. As of yet, I have been unable to find anyone who is willing to reimburse me for the reservations. Needless to say, I am highly dissatisfied.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelly J
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Hotel looks nice from the outside but shows lots of wear and tear inside. It was evident that lots of shortcuts are being taken with maintenance and overall care. Only two bath towels provided for room for 4. Towels had holes, thin spots and fraying. Only soap is provided. There's no shampoo (and it wasn't available even on request at the front desk) no iron or board, no coffee pot, hairdryer or other usual amenities. The beds were surprisingly comfortable, but bed covers were full of pills that felt like sand and the sheets were barely on the mattresses. The breakfast bar was sparse to say the least, with only a few tables provided for a fairly large, two story hotel. The noise from the hallway, outside, upstairs and room next door were maddening with slamming doors and every voice easily heard. The closet in the rooms are actually a wardrobe cabinet and the doors can be heard banging shut from all the adjacent rooms. On top of everything, the TV had a loud buzzing noise that couldn't be fixed. We make regular trips through the area and will make sure we can stay at the Sandhills Value Inn from now on. Too bad - but no surprise - that it was booked for the two days we needed a room in the Sand Hills NC area.

Room Tip: Second floor away from the road and parking areas.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Quiet, clean and inexpensive. Breakfast's aren't much but it is a continental one after all. Rooms are all non-smoking. Windows do open for fresh air if you want :)

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines
Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pi...
#9 of 12 in Southern Pines
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines
Days Inn Conference Center Southern Pines Pinehurst
Days Inn Conference Center South...
#10 of 12 in Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines? Share your experiences!