“Bit of Brit”

Ranked #12 of 106 Restaurants in Southern Pines
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

British Gastro pub in NC, and boy did I need some pub grub.. I had seen Yorkshire pudding (Toad in the hole) and Black pudding on the website and I was sold. We arrived for the lunch menu with four adults and four kids; our American friends had never had British food before and the waiting staff were happy to give them little samples to try, which is lovely because Black pudding seems to freak Americans out a little. Huge list of beers/lagers from around the globe, and the decor was spot on, it really did feel like I was back at home for a while. I have no complaints if I had to offer some thoughts it would be extend the British food list, maybe regions on special days..Scotland/Wales etc. Just as a side note the Downtown area around the pub is well worth a visit too.

There are newer reviews for The Sly Fox

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The service was excellent even though the restaurant was very crowded. The menu was excellent with a great variety and very unusual items, I would definitely re visit this restaurant upon our next visit to southern pines

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We live in the area, but have only gone once. They have beer tastings and other gatherings...seemed like a lot of young regulars. We had poor service and food was nothing special. Won't go back. To me it was expensive for what you got.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was very attentive without houvering. The food was unique and delicious. The atmosphere was welcoming and eventhough it was a bit crowded, we were not rushed. I would be sure to visit again next time in Southern Pines.

1  Thank Karen_and_Tom_at_ABI
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We get the full english breakfast and ribeye. The full English is eggs, blood sausage,ham,mushrooms,and bread. The ribeye is out of this world served with eggs. Be sure it is 12 as you can not have a bloody til then.

1  Thank ScottBWeaver