“The best antipasto platter EVER!”
Review of Curt's Cucina

Curt's Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were staying at Pinehurst but decided to try Curt's Cucina based on some other reviews-- particularly the tip about the antipasto platter since we love that type of appetizer. They weren't kidding. This is the most plentiful and delicious antipasto plate that we've every ordered. They win! This would be fun to bring on a picnic with a loaf of Italian bread. It was so large we could have just split an entree because our entrees both came with a salad also.
The salads were also fresh and delicious-- no wilty lettuce or sub-par ingredients here.
We also had the gnocchi and the chicken piccata.
If we come back to Southern Pines, we will save room to come back to this restaurant. This was our favorite meal in this city.

1  Thank missymalloo

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I gave another Italian restaurant not located in Southern Pines as our favorite but since dining at Curt's it is now our favorite.
Most people like ourselves who moved here from the Northeast have a different opinion of what authentic Italian food should taste like compared to local NC diners.
The salad that is included with you entree contains not only the required lettuce and tomatoes but roasted peppers, olives and a nice sprinkling of cheese which we are accustomed to in the Northern Italian restaurants.
My wife had the baked Rigatoni Elforno which has ground sweet sausage which I had to sample and it was delicious.
I had the shrimp Scampi over pasta which was also delicious but I would have preffered just a little more Garlic but that's just my love of Garlic. Next time I'll ask the chef to add just a touch more.
We shared a panicotta desert that had a port wine sauce, (delicious)

We will definately be back as we have finally found an Italian restaurant where we can bring our Northern visitors.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had the chicken saltimbocca....oh I must speak with St Peter and make sure they get this recipe from Curt! Heavenly! I saw the comments about noisy…and it was packed at 6PM on a Tue! I got to tell you, it the noise of happy people enjoying their company, wine and fabulous food! A noise I want to hear! Frank the bartender was a wonderful host! And Chef Curt was on the floor for a bit greeting the quests! Outstanding food for a very reasonable price. Too bad I’m visiting from Honolulu…I would be in here frequently!

1  Thank havaiisteve
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband is from Boston and the north end is the place he compares all Italian to.... Lived this place. Huge antipasto platter , yum! Salads, bread with gravy appetizer, ... We should have shared a meal but we have enough left for tomorrow. We never take leftovers home but these were a must! We had veal saltimboca and Nonnas goulash. And gelato. DELICIOUS!!!!! Everything was great, service great. Go here ! This is our new once a week Italian place. We just left and I can't say enough good things!

2  Thank LaxBosRdu
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food is excellent, the bar is cozy, and the service is most efficient and friendly. I only hope the comments about the loudness won't cause this place to have to close their doors!