“Day after Valentine's Day Dinner!”

Southern Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: We are a fresh breath of class and style in the Sand Hills of North Carolina. Located in Southern Pines, we offer an atmosphere of relaxed elegance, where steak is our specialty.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We planned our first dinner at Southern Prime for Valentine's Day but when I checked the menu online they had a set Valentine's Day menu. I called to check if we had to stick with it or could we order from the regular menu. We could not so we changed our reservations for the next night. I had the ribeye and my husband had the veal chop.... both were cooked to perfection. Our server was excellent! She was attentive but not overly. The only reason I did not give an excellent is because the meat portion of the dinner is very large and they only offer one size. I wanted the ribeye because that is their specialty but 12 oz is too large for me....the one on the valentine's menu was larger....that's why we opted for the next night. The server offered to box the half of steak I couldn't eat and my husband's pineapple upside down cake that he couldn't eat.....he did eat the ice cream there! Other than the portion size....the food and presentation are excellent. They have a business casual dress code but we noticed some patrons were dining in jeans and others in golf attire and jogging clothes. They were in the dining room not the bar. Didn't seem to matter. The restaurant is beautiful. I am not sure if there is outdoor dining....it was cold the evening we were there. As for a scenic view....it's on a busy street but there are lovely trees in front of the windows. I requested to be seated by a window but the tables in front of the windows seated 6 to 8 and we were only two. They did seat us the next table back from that....if it were summer we could have seen the view because it would still be daylight at 7:00 pm. We did not use the bar but it seemed to be a popular place for locals. They have a very nice wine and beer selection. They also are members of The Open Table so making reservations, cancelling, and rescheduling was so easy online. Our confirmation came almost in an instant! We will return but for another special night out because it is about an hour drive from home. I would recommend for a special night out or a business dinner. Your boss or associates would be impressed!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The filets we ordered were exceptionally good. Many restaurants serve filet mignons but these were so good, they are worth a second visit. I am told the wine selection is extensive although I did not take part since we do not drink. The service was excellent as well.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our first visit. Dinner was great, I had the prime rib, husband had the ribeye. We really enjoyed our wine and dessert too. Only critique I have of the food was my grits could have used more salt. Decor was awesome. Our reservation was at 5 pm and it got busy fast. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Beautiful bar and dining room. Great steak and nice wine list! The owner Mike always takes good care of us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Southern Prime is one of the most beautifully appointed restaurants in the region--slick and sophisticated. The steaks are OK, the menu choices not particularly exciting and the wine list pricey. I wouldn't mind eating there, but I can do better at home.

1  Thank RShereff