“Local bar, NFL ticket, southern food, all in one”

The Bell Tree Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #27 of 106 Restaurants in Southern Pines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Bell Tree Tavern is a locally owned Restaurant with a full service bar and great outside patio and bar. Located in the center of downtown Southern Pines it features a gorgeous outdoor patio and bar and has 10 large screen TV's for the avid sports fan. If sports is your passion join us for Soccer, College Basketball, College Football and the NFL featuring "the Sunday Ticket". The menu consists of many items made in house from our famous smoked ribs to the honey bourbon shrimp salad. Many come specifically for our signature Buffalo and Lamb Burgers, while others choose the Smoked Beef Brisket or the Whole Smoked Chicken. We boast the "BEST" wings in town but we have something for everyone from children to adult. A great place to come late night as well featuring 27 draft beer selections focusing on NC craft brews to some of the best small craft breweries in the country. the Bourbon and Whiskey selection rivals any in the Southern region of N.C. Give us a try and I think you will feel right at home with the locals who frequent this downtown staple.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am always surprised when I read poor reviews of places I like. I know sometimes there is just an "off night". We have been to the Bell Tree over the years we have had a home in this market. It is always consistent. Buffalo chicken dip is a must have. I like the shrimp and grits, get the half size. We have never eaten outside. We like to go there to watch football. Ladies, in summer, bring a cardigan, the air conditioner works!

1  Thank Ellis_NC_IL

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Cute restaurant with a pub type atmosphere. Staff was very friendly, but the food was a disappointment. My husband and I were delighted to see bison burgers offered on the menu. We both ordered them medium rare and they came out well done. My french fires were not completely cooked and my husband's onion rings were over cooked. When we brought this to our server;'s attention, all we got was, "Oh I am so sorry!" and she walked away.

The bar stools are also in need of repair. Many are missing lower rungs making them wobly. Worst of all, most of these rungs are missing in the front so there isn't any place to rest your feet. We played "musical chairs" a couple of times in an effort to find bar stools completely intact so we could be comfortable.

This looked like a fun place to relax or watch a game on one of their many TVs which have DIrect TV access, but not for the price of poorly cooked food.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I usually can go with the flow and it really takes a lot for me to have a bad experience. This is the third time I have visited Bell Tree and it just keeps getting worse. Most of the time the service and patio make up for the terrible food. Tonight we had the nachos which were warm chips with canned nacho cheese topped with sour cream. The Philly Cheese Steak was chunks of chewy steak on a hard sub roll. To top it off the wait staff was clueless and seemed like they were working against each other. Great patio out back is about the only thing they have going for them.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I read several reviews of this place before I went there, I usually do. My buddy and I are foodies who are Canadians who were golfing in Southern Pines for 3 days, and 'researched' our restaurants before we arrived. Wow! What a great experience, We both ordered a half rack of their 'pecan-12 hr-smoked' ribs. UNREAL. Juicy, fell off the bone, but required some 'nibbling'....the accompanying slaw was crunchy, tangy and not soaked in mayo or ranch dressing. Nice. The sweet potato fries were the highlight. I LOVE sweet potato fries, but they are always too greasy, or not crispy enough, or flavourless.....NOT THIS TIME!! OMG....these were sooooo lightly battered, flash fried, and crispy and fluffy on the inside....TO DIE FOR! Best I have EVER had in my 51 yrs of age. Not kidding. Worth the visit alone. But, best of all? The service...a cute and witty young lady....she was attentive.....sat down at our patio table and relaxed to talk to us about our first visit...our Bell Tree cherry had been broken. GREAT waitress! I have worked in the biz for years and she was the kind of girl I'd hire...selling...not serving...and doing it effortlessly. Impressive. She called us a cab because we drank more than we thought we would....got us to our next destination with a GREAT cabbie we used the rest of the night....I LOVED, and DO love, the Bell Tree Tavern! I will go back. And YOU should try it!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Wife and I walked in on a Sunday. They had a good crowd in here. The food was okay - good selection of beer on tap and the it seemed like a good place to watch the game. Would go back - not for the food but overall.