“Great hotel, exceptional staff, overall great experience”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very nice hotel, showed up without a reservation but got a nice room....top rate accommodations, showed up to breakfast a half an hour before it shut down and food was a little limited but what was there was hot and fresh and good...again the staff was very helpful and friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby...many within walking distance.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is always good because there is no one above you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I moved to the area for work recently... I had to stay at this hotel for two weeks until I found a place and it was the best hotel experience ever.... I recommend this hotel for all visitors of the area

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

As a person who travels around the United States for a living, I have to call many hotels home... I have to give kudos to Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Southern Pines, for making my stay feel as such. The staff was extremely helpful to me day and night ! My room was very clean and comfortable. People may not think that simply remembering my name and asking if my stay is going well is a big deal, but I do. Thanks to Pierre for his help (pep talks) with finding great resturants in the area and helping me locate the nearest Fedex Office :). thanks to Lisa for making me laugh and making sure I had hot coffe and fruit at 5am before leaving out for work. My overall experience has been comforting, I cant wait to visit Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southern Pines again!

R.Johnson

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean room.Bathroom was especially clean. Bed was comfortable with choice of many pillows from soft to firm. Free breakfast.
Desk clerk inquired on where we were going to dinner and gave us a card for a free appetizer.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

As usual, I researched extensively and it was between this place, Hampton Inn & Suites (HI&S) of Aberdeen and Marriott’s Residence Inn (RI) of Southern Pines. I chose this due to the bedding reviews. Gotta have the right bedding or what’s the point. Although RI is currently rated #1, our last experience in a RI in Knoxville was similar to some of the reviews especially regarding the hard beds. So then, it was between the HIE or HI&S. Both sit nicely off the road.

As soon as we walked in, I exhaled. We were enthusiastically greeted and attended to by Pierre. He is professional, personable, driven and an excellent asset for HIE with future aspirations that set him above the rest, clearly an asset to HIE and anyone that hires him in the future. I’d hire him in a minute, Ritz Carlton Bound Young Man for sure! He made a difference. Housekeepers, in general and Rosa in particular, were delightful and sweet; our breakfast attendant, Citlali was attentive, always smiling, provided timely food stocking consistency and a clean dining area.

We stayed four nights and every morning was a different hot dishes (various egg options alternating sausage and bacon) along with the standards = biscuits, gravy, those incredible cinnamon rolls, mini-muffins (chocolate ones were to die for), white, wheat bread, English muffins and bagels to toast, fresh pancake maker, mini-fridge w/ boiled eggs and yogurt, quick oatmeal and grits packages, bananas, apples, peanut butter, etc. Coffee was good. Plenty options for those dieting or not.

We had a king suite which had a kitchenette complete w/mini-fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker and dinette table, sofa, spacious and VERY comfortable and clean. Loved the beds, king size pillow and linens.

In response to earlier review regarding the water, if it had been any hotter it would have caused 1st degree burns, plus significant water flow. Go figure.

It’s a quite location, setting off the main road and behind Chili’s and Bone Fish Grill (very walkable). I always set the HVAC thermostat fan mode to “ON” which creates great white noise and promotes significant sleep.

Would stay again on our next visit and recommend to all. This should be #1 Hotel in Southern Pines.

Room Tip: Room 321 was nice and quite, turn on the "ON" fan mode for white sound.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I enjoyed my Stays at the hotel, Pierre was awesome and he helped when i had a problem ( it was just a minor phone problem). the room was nice, clean and a great size. and the breakfast was great as well! i didn't get a chance to use the pool but it looked nice lol the location of the hotel was great, right beside a Walmart and near lots of places to eat.

Room Tip: Any Room is Great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a reservation at the Spring Hill Suites and checked out immediately right after checking (see my other review) and called this property to immediately get confirmed for 5 nights. This is a nice hotel, very quiet. Staff is impeccable, especially Pierre at the front desk. Rooms super clean, super updated. Wireless perfect uptime, TV 1080p. Small exercise room. Breakfast fairly simple but still good. Only thing that bothered me here is there was no AC on the 2nd floor hallway by the elevator. Not sure why but it seems they had it off. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Comfort Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!