“I will come back!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Nice hotel. Seems new. Big rooms and breakfast is great.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed here with my husband for one night for a wedding in the area. The hotel was clean and service was good with the standard hotel breakfast. There was free wi-fi and the water pressure in the shower was great. I bought a drink from the vending machine and it stole my money but the front desk promptly reimbursed me. My only Negative was out bathroom ceiling looked like it was recently repaired but they had not painted over it and the lighting in the room was very dim! But overall, it was a very nice stay! I really appreciated the cleanliness of the entire hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The Person who checked me in was very friendly. Room was clean. Walls were a little thin though since I could hear those in the room next to me. I turned the fan on constant which alleviated the problem. Nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This hotel is a good value for Pinehurst. Several nice restaurants and shopping areas nearby. Our room was clean and while not large, adequate for the time we spent there. The hotel isn't especially quiet. You can hear everyone coming and going in the mornings and the people overhead. Breakfast was simple, but ample. The dining room was large enough to accommodate the crowd without everyone tripping over one another. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only problem was the internet and cable service - which was inconsistent. Would definitely stay there again as long as the price remains competitive.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were early for check in, and asked to be moved to top/3rd floor as my profile requests, which the desk person willingly did. The room was very nice and clean, including the bathroom, but there was only a tiny amount of toilet paper. Breakfast the 1st morning had a lot of "old" food in it (eggs and cinnamon buns were not very good). The next two mornings the tables were dirty, and the help only made a brief tour of food, and never glanced at the dirty tables. The last (3rd) morning we checked out early, and went to breakfast at 6:30AM. The eating room was filthy, garbage cans stuffed full, and not a soul in sight. The alarm on the pancake machine was going off, etc. A staff member came in, fiddled with the machine, and threw some trash away in the stuffed receptacle and never did a thing about it, shuffled out of the room and did not even speak to us.
The hotel was full of kids for a baseball tournament in the area, and were EXTREMELY rude running the halls at 1-2AM making lots of noise and the adults never disciplined them the whole weekend.
Not likely to stay here again, and beware in Sand Hills area in August for National baseball tournaments, as the hotels are full of noisy kids!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I travel a lot around NC for work and was extremely pleased by this hotel. (I don't normally rate hotels i visit for business). It was in an excellent location - actually walking distance to an Olive Garden, and driving distance to many more restaurants and shopping, but enough off the highway as not to be noisy. The hotel is very clean, appears to be recently renovated. My bathroom appeared newly redone, with a nice granite or faux-granite(?) countertop. Bed was comfortable, with good quality comforter. I stayed three nights and the room was always very clean when I returned. The breakfast area is spacious and also kept very clean. The free breakfast included the standard - perhaps more, I don't typically eat the egg items, so I don't know. Fitness room was small - four machines, but good television and it was never overly crowded anyway, so it was sufficient. Free and easy wireless. And I was so happy that one hotel adhered to their own request about reusing towels. I go to so many hotels where i also try to be environmentally conscious and hang up my towels, and yet they replace them anyway! So well, done Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was outstanding. It was spotless. Rooms were large, bed was comfortable, air conditioner was reasonably quiet, no unpleasant smells anywhere and employees were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Trip3240
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Comfort Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!