“Terrible food”

Ranked #70 of 106 Restaurants in Southern Pines
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Terrible food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is not good at all. so many better places to eat in Southern Pines, do not go here to eat. However, The Jefferson Inn is lovely and the rooms are to die for and it is right downtown and you can walk to everything. so stay here just do not eat here!!!!!!

Visited August 2012

Sherwood, Arkansas
“Inn is a misnomer, this is a wannabee bar and grill”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Tried the Jefferson because we hadn't been there before and it looked like a quaint little B&B style hotel in quaint downtown SP. When we walked in we immediately saw the bar, but asked the receptionist which way to the restaurant. She pointed to the bar. With it's homey B&B exterior and "Inn" in the name we were expecting a sit-down with table cloths café type eatery; not a bar and grill atmosphere. The restaurant was dark, dark woods, dark furniture, dark leather. dim lighting, with little décor other the Christmas lights strung between light fixtures. Rather oppressive and dingy feeling. The bar tender was also waitress and cashier, she was very nice and did a fine job. Felt bad for her having to ware a "uniform" with black slacks and sequenced purple top. The outfit was totally out of place and looked cheesy. We ordered appetizers, I had wings, my wife, the crab bisque. I will say the wings were very good, crispy outside; moist inside with spot on Buffalo wing flavor. The crab soup looked good, large pile of crab meat in the middle of the bowl, but the soup itsself tasted, well, odd -my wife suspected it was out of a can. For entrées I ordered a sandwich - chicken portabella I think - which I recall being good but no memorable. My wife had the shrimp and grits which she said was initially good but left her with a "dirty grill" after taste; probably from using burned or old oil or butter. After paying our bill we went elsewhere for dessert. Bottom line, we were disappointed. The Jefferson suffers from an identity crisis - is it an Inn or a Bar and Grill? While it looks like a potentially nice place on the outside, inside mediocrity abounds.

• Visited June 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Dinner carefully prepared but not notable”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

French fries were divine and service very friendly. It's a very informal and comfy venue that I would visit again.

Visited September 2012
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Food was okay, service was spotty at best”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The food was not consistent; sometimes it was very good and other times it lacked something. Service was good at times and terrible at others. You're always taking a chance.

Pinehurst
“Hidden Gem of Southern Pines, NC”
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Local Resident: Pinehurst, NC

Recently, my husband and I dined at the new restaurant, "One Fifty West," located in The Jefferson Inn hotel in beautiful downtown Southern Pines. When you walk through the doors, the old hotel now has new life and you feel as if you have walked into the era of the "rat pack." The mahogany wood is beautiful and the decor is elegant, yet not too stuffy. It feels very comfortable and we loved the fact that it wasn't smokey. It is a non-smoking hotel and restaurant.

The food was excellent! There were many items to choose from. The menu had everything from steaks, chops, & seafood to pasta dishes. I had the filet oscar and it was outstanding. The lump crab meat was divine. My husband had the shrimp & grits and said that it was the best he ever had. The crab bisque was "to die for"! There were big chunks of lump crab meat in the soup instead of having a cream soup with a couple pieces of crab placed on top, as most places do it.

We will definintely be back.