“New Flavor In Town”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
North, South Carolina
“New Flavor In Town”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I rarely eat out any more, but I had to give this place a try and I'm glad I did. The food was fantastic, and the service was too. The owner and the chef even stopped by our table to see how our meal was. We shared a gator bite appt., I had the catfish po-boy and pecan pie, my friend had the boudin po-boy and peach/corn cobbler. That was alot of food and everything was delicious!!

1 Thank hikling

“Excellent food with spartan decor.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the few tables put you off. The foods is very good.

My etouffé was very good. It went well with the dirty rice.

My buddy wanted something spicy. He'd never had Jambalaya before. He enjoyed it, even if it did make him sweat.

Neither of us had a problem with the disposable plates and silverware. That's not something that takes away from the food.

Excellent service.

A wonderful bit of variety for our small town.

1 Thank DBonnell
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Not top quality authentic cajun food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We love cajun food and we were excited to try this new restaurant, but to our dismay discovered it was really not top quality cajun style cooking. There was not really much seasoning to any of the dishes, all were really pretty bland. The gator bites appetizer was okay but pretty plain. Seafood gumbo and the jambalaya were just not seasoned properly and just did not have any zing. This restaurant reminds me of some type of fast food type place you might find in a food court at the mall. Sorry, but the quality of the food was just not up to par !

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went in today with my fiance and a good friend and we stayed for almost 2 hours! The food was amazing. Spicy yet full of flavor. Shrimp was great! Rice was tender and not mushy. Peach cobbler was to die for! Daily specials help with costs for those who think they are highly priced. I have paid more for food that doesn't even come close to being as good. The owner came out and asked us how we liked our food. Staff was extremely nice and helpful when deciding what to eat. Best thing to come to The Ferry in a long time! I didn't have my kids with me today, but I did ask to see the menu. It is perfect for them! They do need bigger tables or even some booths, but that didn't stop us from diving in! The Gator Bites were great! Give them a whirl!! You won't be sorry!

1 Thank Jacklyn M
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am so glad there is finally a cajun/creole restaurant in ENC. The staff was friendly, and the food was great! Loved the boudin and shrimp po boy. I will definitely be eating here again!

1 Thank MissTexas23