“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Grill, Wine Bar
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food is average and overpriced. All 3 entrees were good nothing great and the price was high for the food taste, quality and recipes. Sadly I will not go back. I was really hoping we had a great new place here in Sneads ferry.

• Visited August 2013

“very dissapointed”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We live in this area and visited this restaurant when it first opened. Absolutely excellent food in everything we tried. Went back about a month later and things were very different. We found out the original cook had been let go and the food has gone downhill since then. At first it went to good to mediocre to really bad. The last meal I got from there was takeout and we literally could not eat it. The fried shrimp was soggy and definitely not fresh from the area. The chicken "tenders" were not tenders, but breast meat cut to look like tenders and tough as could be. It is an isult to me as a local to be served food this bad.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mfamily695
Loveland, Ohio
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate here on the last night of vacation and had a great experience. We called ahead about ten minutes before we arrived and let them know we had a group of 11. They had a table when we arrived and the manager checked on us a couple of times during our meal. The server couldn't have been more patient with the five small children. I got sample lots of items with kids not finishing all there meal so I can recommend the Blaz'n Burger, but the chipotle sauce is hot. The fried shrimp, hush puppies, and Los grilled cheese were also great! And most importantly the beer was cold. Had Bud Light, Miller Lite, Yuengling, and Shocktop on draft. There was also a nice game room too.

• Visited July 2013
“The Smell Remains”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This facility has been in business a long time under different owners and cuisine offerings. Most recently it was Christopher's and now under new owners it is Extra Innings. The concept is a good one, the small arcade is a nice touch for the kids.

We have been there one time since Extra Innings opened and it was for breakfast. The food was good. The prices were very reasonable. There seemed to be only one waitress working the tables so the wait was a little long but not unreasonable. Now here is the elephant in the room and it is the same issue I had with Christopher's, High Steaks, and every restaurant that was in this building before..... The smell!

There is an odor inside this restaurant that is very distinct. It smells like body odor but I assume it is really some type of mold in the carpet or something. Whatever it is, it is funky. I ate at Christopher's many times but because of the smell I ate in the bar area which has hardwood floors and the smell from the dining room wasn't as noticeable in there. I am a person who just can't stomach food, any type of food, when I am surrounded by a stinky armpit smell. I have heard so many people mention this same thing! I am shocked that the new owners didn't rip out the carpet or whatever item is causing the problem. Also, the hard church pew seats are horrible. They are not comfortable at all with those high backs, hard wood that is positioned straight up. We eat at the interior tables because of it although I typically prefer booths. Christopher's used the same church pew seating and Extra Innings not only kept them, they added MORE.

I really want to support local business and especially when it is owned by someone with strong ties to the community. We would gladly eat here often if they take care of that funky odor. Other than that, I had no real issues and would love to see this place succeed.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Floopish
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Average food, poor sevice”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

There are many restaurants in the area that have better service and better tasting food. I recommend you try them instead of dining here. Service was EXTREMELY SLOW and the manager just stood there without helping out. I am a local in a summer tourist town and I won't be dining there anytime soon!

Visited June 2013