“First time visited in 2011”

Madison's Prime Rib Buffet
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Sneads Ferry
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 5, 2012

In 2011 we thought we had found a nice, reasonably priced area restaurant. When we returned this year, not so impressed. Like all places in this economy prices had gone up, we understood that, however, I saw a bug crawling on the dishes at the buffet table -- that did it for me. Sorry, we will not be back.

1  Thank gmumme

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We typically eat at least once at Madison's while on vacation on Topsail Island. This year was no exception and we enjoyed our meal as always. Great value for the money spent and the service is always fast and friendly. Don't miss this local favorite if you are near Sneads Ferry.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

While staying in North Topsail Beach, NC, we learned of a local restaurant in Sneads Ferry
that offers several buffets. We ate at the Monday Seniors buffet for $5.00 per person.
The buffet included fried shrimp, chicken and flounder. Vegetables were collard greens, green beans, southern peas and potatoes. Other items included hush puppies, salad bar,
dessert bar and ice cream.

We also attended the Thursday evening Prime Rib buffet which included many of the same
items in addition to the prime rib and steak. The buffet was $10.99 or seniors $9.99.

The food was tasefully prepared. There was not much atmosphere. Waitresses were very
friendly and helpful.

If you want to eat with the locals then the Monday senior buffet is the place to go.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have eaten in this restaurant at least seven times over the past year and it has been great! I always get the buffet although they do have a menu too and only don't go more often because I stuff myself to the point of feeling like I need to carried out of there.

The service is always fast and friendly and the food keeps being filled at a fast pace even when they are packed on a Saturday night.

The price has gone up for the buffet since they opened so the extreme value isn't there like it once was but the food is so good I am willing to pay more. It is the LITTLE things that catch my eye. Unlike most buffets, they use fresh, clean and obviously washed lettuce instead of that bagged kind that you buy pre-prepped. The seafood is mostly fried which I try to avoid most of the time but it is so good I allow myself the splurge at Madison's. They always have at least one broiled or baked option though, sometimes two.

This is southern home style cooking in a very casual atmosphere so don't expect caviar and crumpets! Instead, expect collard greens, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, green beans, black eyed peas, and then a large selection of surf and turf. They rotate a daily special so sometimes there will be lasagna, sometimes teriyaki chicken, etc.

The place doesn't sparkle but it isn't dirty either. Just "worn in" let's say. Like a favorite old pair of jeans.

Thumbs up guys!