“Save Yourself! Do NOT go!”

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Sneads Ferry
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Save Yourself! Do NOT go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

My first time going there was with my family. We were celebrating, and wanted to go somewhere different, so we went to Cancun around their opening. The service was horrible, and they were not so busy to the point where we would have expected it to be slow/bad service. The food order was far from correct, and it did not taste worth the price we were paying for it. Also, I had diarrhea for 5 days accompanied with vomiting. I have a strong stomach and immune system, and usually don't get ill like that. My second time was this month a friend who invited me to go because she wanted to try it out. I was hesitant to go back, but I decided to give it another chance. The waitresses/hostess acted as if we were interrupting her by coming in there. She was very rude, and impatient. My friend and I felt as though she was rushing us to get us out of there as quickly as possible so she could get back to doing nothing. AGAIN, I became ill with the same symptoms of food poisioning. I will not return, I don't want an appology from them or free food. What I want is for people to be warned, and to offer some advice to Cancun. Dear Cancun Manager/Owner, or whomever it may concern, please hire individuals who actually care about their work. Hire individuals who want to work, and NOT sit around expected to get paid for doing nothing. Hire individuals without attitudes. Also, hire individuals who understand the importance of washing their hands after they use the restroom(a thin, petite, dark haired woman without makeup in YOUR uniform walked out without washing her hands, it makes me wonder what the cooks do&if its in any relation to my getting sick). I am a local, and it saddens me to see your restaurant as a representation of us to the tourists. Get it together!

• Visited April 2014
jorge94, Owner at Cancun Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I am very sorry for your experience at my restaurant. We train our employees and have weekly meetings, to have a better service and food. I sincerely apologize and I don't want to loose your business, every customer is important. I would like to talk to you in person and get more feed back from your visit. I also want to somehow compensate for your bad experience. My name is Jorge villasenor and my number is 910-443-7213. I will pay for you and your family next visit. that is not the way we treat customers., thank you for your feed back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were pleased to see vegetarian options on the menu. Our waiter was very nice. We order from the lunch menu and the portions were perfect for everyone at the table except for me. I had just finished a long bike ride so I had quiet the appetite, the enchilada was awesome but if you have a big appetite get an appetizer also. That being said I found the price to be very reasonable for the portion size and I will be back again.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I took my son, his wife and my grandson to Cancun restaurant in Snead's Ferry. Pleasant time, good food and our server Roselyn was great - friendly and helpful. The nachos were large enough to be considered a main dish and both the enchiladas and fajitas were very good. The only complaint was that my dau-in-law's margarita tasted like it was from some sort of pre-mix. There isn't alot of options in this area which is why finding a good place was even more surprising. Try it if you are in the area.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We enjoy the draft beer and the authentic Mexican food. Great salsa and chips and of course, tacos! Service is quick.

Visited November 2013
Sneads Ferry
“Dont go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Paid $10 for chips and salsa to go. Last week it was half that price. Then saw the waiter pocket the cash !!!!!

jorge94, Owner at Cancun Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I am so sorry for Inconvenience. thank you for your comment, I was able to find the individual who was overcharging and stealing money from my business. I have taking actions by firing that person. I would like to talk to you in person or on the phone to refund your meal. please call me my number is 910-5410745 and ask for the manager, ELIZABETH, OR ESAU. OR MY CELL NUMBER 9104437213.
I sincerely apologize and I would like to compensate by offering a free meal for you and your wife