“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Sneads Ferry
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went about 4:30 pm walked in stood there 5 minuyes at hostest station no one ever came to seat us. A worker wss sitting at bar watching a game,our future waitress was sitting at a table flirting with a co-worker so we grabbed our menus and sat ourself. It was then she came over at her inconvienence to take our drink order. We ordered i asked her if my shrimp dinner came with beans she said no rice. Ok great well she skipped our food over to us loaded with beans that i was reassured didnt come with it. I told her she said let me get you a new one well hell no it took long enough already i scraped em off and ate it. It was not the best dinner ive had it was just food for a hungry stomach. She was a teenage blonde who had her head stuck up the workers [--], and for some reason couldnt get it out. Stop the flirting and beebopping around and do your non-college educated job and thats get your [--] together when it comes to customer service and getting 2 dinners right...... I will not go back and do agree with the reviews and that is it SUCKED....

1 Thank nvrdoitagain
jorge94, Owner at Cancun Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE BAD EXPERIENCE YOU HAD. My name is Jorge and I am the owner and i would like to give you and your family a free dinner for your next visit to compensate for the bad experience, please ask for jorge the manager. thank you

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

First we drove 20 miles to get there and we were sat down by hostess, couple of other tables were there, we waited over 15 minutes no service. I looked over at bar less than 10 feet from us there sets three waitresses at the bar. I asked if we could have a waitress none of them were even apologize just stood up. Finally got service food came out fairly quickly but burnt on outside still cool inside. First time ever we left leaving margaritas on table. Hate to say bettet service in Mexican restaurant use Mexicans.

1 Thank ninamowery
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good food and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Snead's Ferry's newest restaurant is a pretty good one. The staff is friendly and fast. The hostess sat us quickly and the waiter (Daniel) could not do enough for the four of us. The food was better than average Mexican and fairly priced--and the beer was cold! We were surprised at the shrimp burrito, which was the special that night. The two of us who ordered it said we would do so again. We have some good Mexican restaurants back home and all of us agreed that Cancun measures up. And Snead's has been needing more variety in its restaurant choices for some time. Cancun is a welcome addition.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“New Restaurant, Needs Some Tweaking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I plan on returning to Cancun after they have been open a little longer and maybe they will hit their stride. I have had two carry out and one dine in experience since they opened a few months ago.

I got carry out on opening week and the food was bland, no seasoning at all that I could tell. They also didn't provide salsa and chips or tortillas with our carry out order which at their prices I found a little stingy. Oh well, it was their first week and I wrote it off.

Next experience was dine in and they were crowded on a Friday night. We waited about 20 mins for a table and even though the waitress was obviously swamped she held her own and was very friendly. Decor is warm and inviting, the bar area is beautiful. Now for the problem... Once again my food was not great. I had a chicken dish with spicy cheese sauce, rice, beans, etc. The chicken was so over cooked I could barely saw through it and the spicy cheese wasn't so spicy. It was just a hard piece of chicken with cream colored bland sauce. The rice and beans were good though.

Last try, another carry out. It was an improvement! Yay! The dishes were seasoned and tasty and also they provided salsa and chips this time. Only one complaint on this order. They do not de-vein their shrimp and that black line down its back on all of them was so huge and nasty it turned my stomach. Gross. Please consider de-veining your shrimp!!!

Prices are higher than average, price you pay for living near the beach. Service has been good, even if somewhat frazzled at times, food was not great twice but showed improvement. Since they are a new restaurant I will give it another shot soon and hope they continue to hit their stride! Good luck!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Poor service, Average food, Nice ambience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

3 cardinal rules broken within the first 10 minutes. A frazzled hostess who didn't greet with a smile, a 5 minute wait for our waiter and finally, another five minute wait until our drinks appeared ( a pitcher of beer).
Our waiter was so slow and slothlike it was almost comical. After our pitcher arrived, we did not see him again and had to flag him down for a couple of doggie bags. This is the first time I can remember not paying a 20% gratuity.
The food was plated well and had great visual appeal. We ordered the Grande Special to get a taste of everything. Ground beef was the common thread of all the choices and there was no taste to it. If there was a unique spice blend, the entire meal would have been better. As it was, it became a very generic mexican meal with a wrap, meat and cheese. I have been to mexican restaurants where they realize the idea is to make the food unique. That is what makes the difference is the ability to be something more than a sit down version of Taco Bell.
The ambience was beautiful. There was great thought that went into the design of the interior. The colors, tables and wall hangings showed great taste.
Sorry for the poor review. I try to be positive but I know this; customer service can cover a multitude of "sins"; but in this case lack of customer service left a bad taste in my mouth

• Visited July 2012