“Best option near Camp LeJeune and beach”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sneads Ferry
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed here for a weekend while visiting our son at Camp LeJeune. This area is so much more pleasant to stay in than Jacksonville. The hotel is right by the beach and is on a golf course. We had a big room with a great view.
Someone previously complained about the bed. Don't know why--ours was perfect.
Nice flat screen tv. Walls were standard hotel room walls. We had no trouble with outside noise.
The staff are all very pleasant and nice. We arrived at 10 am, and they got a room ready for us even though we were early.
The pool is pretty basic, but the beach is really close and is nice.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Feistyrg

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This place is a dump! The walls are paper thin, you can feel the springs poking through the mattress, and the crib was disgustingly dirty. The walls were peeling and there was water damage on the cieling. We stayed here while looking for a place to live in the area since my husband was being transfered down there. Now that we live in the area, we warn our visitors to stay away from this place and rent a condo on the beach instead!

And if you plan on staying here and walking to the beach across the bridge, don't even think about it! There are no sidewalks and the walk is waaaay longer than it looks.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

When trying to change a reservation, not only was she unable but she was extremely nasty and rude.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed here for one night. I was traveling to Sneads Ferry with my elderly parents to visit relatives in the area. I booked a first floor room for my parents (106) and I stayed directly above them on the second floor (206). The rooms were very spacious and well-appointed and the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful (even let me print something from my flash drive right there at the front desk!). I was surprised to see that the rooms didn't have microwaves. They had small fridges and coffeepots but no microwave. I don't know if it is all the first floor rooms but my parents' room (106) had TERRIBLE musty odor that even the A/C did not take away. We ended up buying some Lysol and a scented candle (and neither really helped). The same smell was in the hallway on the second floor but not in my room. The breakfast was good and the pool was big. If you travel here keep in mind that the only things to do are on Topsail Island (Sneads Ferry is a one-horse town). Also keep in mind that you won't have a microwave!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We almost didn't book a room at Holiday Inn Express Sneads Ferry because of several negative reviews, but the location near the beach was appealing.
The Inn is set back from a quiet road, and the entrance leads into a pleasant sitting room/dining room and then to the pool. I had made an error in making our reservation, and the staff spent a good deal of time calmly working it out with me. Our rooms were pleasant, clean, and quiet. We were about a mile from a beautiful, uncrowded beach with plenty of parking.
Our breakfasts were good and the price was much less than we would have expected to pay for the fine service and location.
This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2009

It's true! My family and I have been visiting this particular Holiday Inn Express since the first summer it opened. We even have a specific room we request, and often are lucky to receive. The staff is so kind, we feel as if we are visiting friends. The breakfast is delicious, and varied, so we are always pleased. Our room is comfortable and clean. We love the proximity to the ocean, and we love to return to the pool just to relax. The open areas, shared by all guests, are clean, comfortable, and attractive. Miss Jo, Miss Connie, and Miss Teresa have made us feel especially welcome each visit, and we are so grateful for their professionalism, but even moreso for their kindness and grace. We cannot say enough good things about Sneads Ferry Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Good: Large room, sweet staff, good lighting in the room, window opens for fresh air, about 40 min from Jacksonville and about 5 minutes from public access to the ocean at Topsail beach. TV and air conditioning worked well.
Bad: There aren't any businesses nearby. The hotel is old. Decor may have been updated a few years ago, but in my room there are stains on the carpet and chair and couch. The surfaces had not been cleaned well and there were hairs on the bathroom sink and counter. The bathroom was just gross. Old can look gross, but it was not cleaned well either. The worst thing has been seeing ants around the room. If there are ants in here I wonder what else is here too....
Everytime I veer away from staying in a Choice Hotel I don't find a level of cleanliness that is up to par. It's too bad. The location and staff were great....I arrived and they told me they were having an issue and there was no running water until 8pm. They tried to accommodate and gave bottled water. the nice front desk lady, annette, I think, called up here and told me at about 9 that we had water. This had me freaked out for a bit, but worked out alright.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Best Rest Inn
Best Rest Inn
#21 of 30 in Jacksonville
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!