“What a pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sneads Ferry
Fairfax, VA
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

We almost didn't book a room at Holiday Inn Express Sneads Ferry because of several negative reviews, but the location near the beach was appealing.
The Inn is set back from a quiet road, and the entrance leads into a pleasant sitting room/dining room and then to the pool. I had made an error in making our reservation, and the staff spent a good deal of time calmly working it out with me. Our rooms were pleasant, clean, and quiet. We were about a mile from a beautiful, uncrowded beach with plenty of parking.
Our breakfasts were good and the price was much less than we would have expected to pay for the fine service and location.
This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

It's true! My family and I have been visiting this particular Holiday Inn Express since the first summer it opened. We even have a specific room we request, and often are lucky to receive. The staff is so kind, we feel as if we are visiting friends. The breakfast is delicious, and varied, so we are always pleased. Our room is comfortable and clean. We love the proximity to the ocean, and we love to return to the pool just to relax. The open areas, shared by all guests, are clean, comfortable, and attractive. Miss Jo, Miss Connie, and Miss Teresa have made us feel especially welcome each visit, and we are so grateful for their professionalism, but even moreso for their kindness and grace. We cannot say enough good things about Sneads Ferry Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
East Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

Good: Large room, sweet staff, good lighting in the room, window opens for fresh air, about 40 min from Jacksonville and about 5 minutes from public access to the ocean at Topsail beach. TV and air conditioning worked well.
Bad: There aren't any businesses nearby. The hotel is old. Decor may have been updated a few years ago, but in my room there are stains on the carpet and chair and couch. The surfaces had not been cleaned well and there were hairs on the bathroom sink and counter. The bathroom was just gross. Old can look gross, but it was not cleaned well either. The worst thing has been seeing ants around the room. If there are ants in here I wonder what else is here too....
Everytime I veer away from staying in a Choice Hotel I don't find a level of cleanliness that is up to par. It's too bad. The location and staff were great....I arrived and they told me they were having an issue and there was no running water until 8pm. They tried to accommodate and gave bottled water. the nice front desk lady, annette, I think, called up here and told me at about 9 that we had water. This had me freaked out for a bit, but worked out alright.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

This hotel is a lovely, stress-free alternative to staying in Jacksonville if you need to go to Camp LeJeune. It was very clean and quiet, considering the hotel was near full, and the restaurant recommendations for local establishments, which they gave me a map for, were quite good. The hotel is located about 20 minutes away from the base, and the drive is peaceful. I thought the staff was very nice, the breakfast was more than adequate, and the triple sheeting approach to the beds was delightfully comfortable and much fresher than the well-used bedspread I expected. They allowed me to include my son for a night without additional charge and seemed surprised that other hotels would have charged extra for that. It was too cold for the pool at the time of year I was there, but that seemed to be properly maintained and clean as well. The breakfast room was cheery and home-like, with an upscale feeling. I wished I had more time to check out the nearby beach resort area, which was only a short distance away. There were other comforts nearby, like a name brand drug store.

• Liked — quiet
  • Disliked — slight problem with another guest
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

I was sent to this area for work, and this was the best accomodation there. This holiday Inn Express lived up to all my previous experiences with the chain. The room was clean and comfortable, The service was pretty good, and the breakfast was halfway decent. I got a great night's sleep on the wonderful bedwith "triple sheeting" but I was somewhat put off by a price list for certain items if you stole or "desired to buy". The breakfast was pretty good for hotel breakfast and I highly recommend the cinnamon rolls. As a previous reviewer stated, there are usually cookies around in the afternoons. Otherwise Sneads ferry isn't a bustling metropolis or anything, but the staff here has a book with different local restaurants in it with menus and everything. I only ate chain food and pizza while I was there so no suggestions on the quality of these eateries. Overall a nice hotel with nice people and a pretty good cable tv selection.

Stayed September 2008
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

The hotel staff at Snead's Ferry was wonderful!! Warm chocolate chip cookies at 4:00-The cleaning staff did a thorough job every day in the room. There was a breakfast food that appealed to all in my party and the staff always had fresh hot coffee any time we wanted some. All of the staff was accomodating and all had a genuine warm smile. Although we did not bring children, it was clear that children were welcome and the young ones there seemed to be having a good time. The pool area was clean. There were local magazines and brocures around and the staff had hand drawn maps to show how to get around.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — internet access
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

The Holiday Inn is a great value for beach goers. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and felt safe. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, and we got great sleep. Expect nice service at the front desk, but don't ask for restaurant recommendations. They suggested the Riverview Cafe. It was the worst food that I have EVER eaten in my life. The clam chowder looked and tasted like potato water, the "broiled" shrimp tasted like like it was bleached, boiled, and then sauteed in a yellow "butter" sauce. Ironically, it had no flavor, and the shrimp were obviously not deveined (gag!) The portions were huge, but we only ate a few bites and left. Service was very robotic...cordial but nothing special. The highlight of our dining experience was eating off of the old plastic plates! I kid. The whole dining experience was pretty bad...but a great story that we can laugh about now. The best part about staying at the Holiday Inn was that there was easy beach access just minutes away from the hotel by car. The beach is fantastic...easy parking, clean, and not too crowded. If you are lucky, you will find a few sharks teeth too!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneads Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville
BEST WESTERN Plus Silver Creek Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Staybridge Suites North Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jacksonville, NC

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!