“Best Soft Shell Crab”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place came highly recommended by our Captain, Buddy of the Queen Jean. I have to say it was the best seafood that I've had in a long time.
Our server Lisa was fantastic as was the cashier (who's name I can't remember), She is the daughter of the owners. She went out of her way to go to the basement for t-shirts for us. Everyone was polite and very friendly.
We had a great dinner of soft shell crab, shrimp, scallops and much more. The hush puppies that were served before the meal were fantastic.
We appreciate the friendliness of the staff as we were from out of town, first timers. If we go back to Topsail, we will go back to Riverview Café.

There are newer reviews for Riverview Cafe

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We've been going here for years. I've tried almost every fried seafood available, but I have only one word for you: scallops. They are to die for! So rich and delicious. The breading is amazing. I've tried to fry scallops at home, and had them plenty of other places, but nothing ever comes remotely close to the Riverview.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We go here every year! Its always good! Hushpuppies are soooo good and their seafood is always fresh! We took a party of 18 in and we were seated right away and our order was made very quickly! I would recommend!!!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

On our first trip to Topsail Island for vacation, we ended our trip going to The Riverview Cafe. This place was amazing. We vacationed with another family, so we had 8 people altogether (4 adults and 4 kids). We got there around 445pm on Friday evening. We beat the rush!! After we were seated, the place got busy quickly!!!

The all-you-can-eat hush puppies were amazing!!!

They do not have a kids menu, but any of the main meals can be split and shared with no problem.

All of the seafood that was ordered was amazing. Not eating seafood, I ordered a ribeye steak. I am always hesitant on ordering steak in a restaurant that mainly serves seafood. The ribeye was huge and cooked to perfection!!! We also orders salmon, fried shrimp and chowder. All very good!!!!

The service was spot on. It was a bit awkward paying at the cash register after a great meal.

Go to this restaurant if your in the area or on vacation!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We loved this restaurant because the seafood was so fresh, and out of the window you could see the boat that had caught it that day. You can't get any more local than that. They start you out with hush puppies served with a delicious, homemade ranch dressing. I don't usually like ranch but I could not stop eating these hush puppies with ranch. I had shrimp, tilapia, and deviled crab, and everything was delicious. It even came with fried zucchini and french fries, and I was stuffed before I was half finished. I learned my lesson, so I ordered less food the second time and was able to finish almost all of it. We came to the beach craving fresh, local, well-prepared seafood, and this place was exactly what we were looking for. It is cozy and relaxed, nothing fancy. Thank you, Riverview Cafe!