“Fried Deliciousness”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A very popular seafood joint well off the beaten track, Riverview Cafe delivers on traditional southern fried seafood. We especially liked the oysters and whole flounder, while soft shelled crabs were disappointingly small. Slaw and fries were good, and friend okra seemed fresh rather than frozen, but onion rings were very forgettable. Plenty of hushpuppies, placed on the table simultaneously with the menus, round out an awesome seafood dinner. Be prepared to wait, especially if your group size is larger than four.

2  Thank FSanford

Reviewed July 8, 2012

When I visit I always get the whole Flounder - the best I ever had. I have also had the seafood platter many times. The seafood is always fresh and never frozen. The help is so freindly and always makes me feel so welcome. This is my fravorite restaurant. I love the small town atmosphere.

1  Thank william r
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Riverview has the best food anywhere around, the best seafood, great service. Everytime I'm in the area I have to visit them.

1  Thank UNCAngel08
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I'm very puzzled as to why this restaurant is rated so high. The food quality, and yes I tried the Maui fish, the ambiance, the service, and the amenities are just plain average. What's not average is the price for what you get. It's slightly higher than I would have expected unless it was truly spectacular seafood. My dinner consisted of a piece of maui fish, french fries, and cole slaw ( served in a small paper cup). I also tried the clam chowder. I'd describe the chowder more as a broth with a few pieces of crab & potatoes. Total cost: $20.00 w/o tip.

My guess is this restaurant is better suited for lunch where you might find better value for your money.

1  Thank Rayjayjr
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I have been making the trip out to Riverview Cafe at least once a year since I was a kid. The food is always delicious and the service is always friendly. Be prepared for a wait anytime in the summer months. (Most good restaurants are worth the wait!) By far the best seafood around. :)

1  Thank Ashley B