Rick's Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Sneads Ferry
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you only have the option of eating in the Ferry, then Rick's or the Mexican restaurant are where you want to eat. The food is decent. We've been countless times over the last three years. The clam chowder is always better than average. Standard food options... salad, soup, burgers, steaks, seafood. The steaks and seafood are.... average, maybe a touch below. The salads are okay. The service is generally fine, however we have had several instances where our waitress forgot about us or our food took forever to come out. We go for Tuesday Trivia generally.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had been there multiple times, was always very happy-this last visit however, was terrible - service & wait staff excellent, but food was not. Crab dip, which I personally make myself, was awful - semi warm, and topped with yellow cheese, thus ruining it completely. I ordered fish & chips (what I got was cod, in a Kentucky fried chicken breading, so thick I removed to find fish, not what I consider fish and chips, Red Robin Restaurant does it right - beer batter light and fluffy - sorry, we will not consider going there ever again. For 2 of us, on this trip, $60 plus tip - $70. not worth at all -

NCLindaB, Owner at Rick's Restaurant & Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your visit to Rick's did not meet your expectations. Our Crab Dip is a favorite of many and has always been served with shredded cheddar jack cheese melted on top. Because of your feedback, I am going to revise the description on the menu to reflect that the Crab Dip is prepared with the melted cheese. As far as it being served warm instead of hot, that is not our standard and I apologize for that.
The menu description for our Fish & Chips states that it is prepared from cod. We understand that not everyone likes cod. We are glad to prepare something else for our customers if they do not like what has ordered.
I'm glad you have been happy with your previous visits. Or goal is for our customers and friends to leave full and satisfied. I have sent you a message with my contact information. I would like to make this right with you.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went here with four others at the suggestion of a friend ? Everyone's dinner was delicious and Becky's service was attentive and top notch. thanks.

Thank you for your feedback. We will look forward to seeing you again.
-Linda
PS - We agree...Becky is a great!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Becky our waitress was the best . She was very friendly , exceptionally accommodating and took our order without writing it down. There is nothing better than great service, except when you add great food . The food was outstanding . There were 5 of us and we each loved our meals.

So glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The first time we went to Rick's they lost our order. After almost an hour we asked about our order and we were told they had a problem w/ the computers and our order must have been lost. Attitude of server was kind of like, oh well. Tried again last weekend. After eating, food was ok - just ok, we paid our server with debit/credit cards. AFTER she ran our cards she told us they were having problems with their computers (again?) and it would take awhile to process our payments. She had already run our cards so we didn't have the option of paying with cash. After waiting 45 min just to sign our credit card slip we got a little annoyed and asked for a manager. The manager was apologetic but had that same "whatever" attitude. An HOUR later we had to request that they run our cards with the manual swipe machine they had started using. AN HOUR - just to pay. None of us will return. This place is horrible.

NCLindaB, Owner at Rick's Restaurant & Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the lengthy wait when our credit card processor was ridiculously slow. We have since spoken to our Point of Sale techs and the problem has been fixed. We also have a new policy in place with instruction in what to do if this technical problem ever occurs again. I'm sorry again that you were not able to quickly pay and leave when you were ready.
We work hard to have a reputation of having a friendly and courteous staff. A "whatever" attitude is not acceptable.
I sent you a message with my direct contact information. I would like to make this right for you.

Linda Bumgarnder