“Very very impressed!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Very very impressed!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading some of the reviews and checking out the menu on the outside of the restaurant before it opened ,my husband and I decided to give it a try. We are visiting in topsail island and I couldnt wait to review this restarurant. Usually I do my reviews when I return home from a trip.
The restaurant and staff were superb. Upon entering we were greeted in a very friendly manner and seated promptly. Atmosphere was nice and clean. My husband ordered shrimp and alfredo sauce over pasta. I ordered the marinated grilled chicken breasts. We were first served our drinks then bread and salad. Also to our surprise the chef came to our table and gave us complimentary homemade potato chips. The best homemade chips ever.....yumm. Our meals came quickly but we had plenty of time to finish our salads. Their chicken and beef are organic and that is a big plus for me. The chicken breasts were the most tender I have ever eaten. I actually was able to cut them with my fork. I also had a baked potato that was baked just right. My husband just loved the blues music that was playing being such a big blues fan he was thrilled. As far as his food he had said it was the best shrimp he had ever eaten, very juicy and tasty. I was so impressed by the chef/owner (Christopher) as well. He really knows about food and seems to love what he is doing. This is so important when you are in this business. He talked with us for a few minutes while we were on are way out the door. It is awesome to see this kind of service and respect from a chef. He really seems to get it.....he understands how important it is to serve fresh food that actually tastes good. Cant say enough about him.
I dont understand how anyone that had dinner at this restaurant could write a negative review. The food is top notch! The only bad thing about this place is that he doesnt have a restaurant in the pittsburgh area. Oh and by the way, the apple pie was extremely delicious! Also would like to add that the host and waitresses were polite and respectful as well.
I am being very honest with all I have stated here so please whatever negative reviews you have read please disregard and go to this restaurant.....you will be happy you did and your stomach will thank you :)

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank gutseygal

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High quality dining at reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

April gave us great service, and Christopher Barnes prepared the pan seared scallops and the salmon to perfection. Pasta for the kids left clean plates. Not a bit of the apple pie with ice cream and whipped cream survived.

Visited October 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Why Go Anywhere Else!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

By far, the best restaurant in the area. How good you may ask? That good, that our family chose to dine at Christophers 4 out of 5 nights we went out (last week in September). It would have been 5 out of 5, but they are closed on Sundays.

Fresh, made-to-order, quality food makes this restaurant an easy pick and the prices are very reasonable. In fact, they are very competative with other restaurants that you are not going to get the same level of quality. Because everything is made-to-order special diets are no problem.

Here is a sample of what we all ordered: Blackened Tuna, Blackened Scallops, Blackened Salmon, Filet, Ribeye, Lobster, Beef Tournedos (special), Seafood Bisque, Bananas Foster (a dessert for four), Keylime Pie.

Every item was absolutely delicious and prepared properly. You can tell that the chef takes pride in quality ingrediants. He even comes out to talk to the guests, which is a added bonus. Its nice to be able to talk with the chef and hear his ideas. Overall, a great experiance!

• Visited September 2012
codywolf
“Good but very expensive!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently dined at Christopher's with a group of friends. Our server was really great ( I think her name was April) and attentive. I had the filet with Oscar sauce which was cooked perfectly and delicious. I was surprised at the bill; for a glass of wine, the filet with Oscar sauce and a cup of coffee with Bailey's my bill was over $45. I really enjoyed our overall experience there, but the prices are too high for me to enjoy this restaurant on a regular basis. For now, it will have to fall into the "special occasion" category which is a shame because there are few restaurants in Sneads Ferry/Holly Ridge/Hampstead that are really worth going to and this is one of them.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank sosatm
“Good food. Awful service.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Have enjoyed many meals here. Go with special friends or for special occasions. My sister and her partner visited for the first time and we went there to celebrate. Our waiter was rude to my handicapped husband, argued with us over undercooked steaks, did not know what cards were acceptable and had to be loudly summoned just to fill water glasses - never mind wine refills. Also, because of my husband's handicap, we had called ahead for a reservation which made no difference whatsoever. We waited until anyone who had walked in before us was seated. I may go back because of the food and because of friends who like to go there but I will request never to have that waiter again. I had been there the night before and had April as a waitress and she was wonderful, efficient and knew her profession. I really like the place but was embarrassed in front of my guests.