“hotel amenities for motel price”

Village Motor Lodge
Village Motor Lodge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This was a convenient location for an overnight stop during a recent road trip with friends. The room had outdated style, but more importantly it was clean and had plenty of towels. And I was happily surprised to find that I was able to access the internet with their free wi-fi! I was so pleased that I stayed here on my return trip as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank silvergrrrrl

Reviewed November 29, 2009

I have stayed here five years in a row on my way to and from my summer job on Cape Cod.
it is close to I95 and met my needs as a place to sleep after a 12 hour drive with my dogs.
yes the young man at the front desk is very welcoming. I had called ahead to make a reservation, upon entering my room i immediately noticed a foul smell and my dogs were drawn to more than one area on the carpet. Upon closer inspection i realized the spots were feces. i was so disgusted, i phoned the front desk and explained the problem along with the fact that the bed looked like it had been used. i was moved to another room this room although no feces also had no soap, toilet paper,towels and also no light bulbs in the light fixtures. If i hadn't been so tired after being in the car for 13 hours i would have left but i stayed. when i called to express my disappointment to the owner, and suggest he reverse the charge on my credit card he was rude, said these things happen and hung up. Needless to say i will be looking for another place to stay when heading back up north in April next year

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank jomiacod
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Our dog show group stayed at this motel and it is very reasonable and clean....our dogs stayed with us and of course were kept in their crates when we left the room...we all picked up after our dogs...we are a responsible group and want to leave our stay with motel favorable....the motel has large well kept lawns...If you are looking for clean and friendly look to this motel..

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank thomson750
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I stayed here for one night, looking for somewhere really cheap...my room was less than $40 total...right by the Interstate and within a mile or less of lots of places to eat and a huge outlet mall...very nice staff, most helpful...large old-timey "motor court", all rooms at ground level...WiFi a little slow but worked fine, a pleasant surprise...basic but clean and no bad odors, bathroom was clean but Spartan...window A/C worked fine, never cut the TV on, so I don't know about it...I use ear plugs but it seemed quiet ...linens were clean, bedspreads were very old, should be tossed...lots of towels but not much hot water...no real minuses with this place, it was clean, quiet enough and didn't have any smokey or "funny" smells, GREAT PRICE, seemed safe...I actually slept very well here and would recommend it to all solo travelers looking for a super bargain.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank cougarfan45
Reviewed July 23, 2009

very good stay all rooms are on ground floor parking front of your room. nice pool. nice walking track. rooms are good size. free internet service. big gazibo in middle of park. clean rooms. good staff. playground.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank sushlaben
Reviewed May 10, 2009

This motel was a pleasant surprise, especially for the low price. It was clean, the front desk person was helpful, and the rate was phenomenal. It had a nice homey feel, and was definitely family-oriented. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mayflowers39
Reviewed April 21, 2008

I stayed here about 5 years ago on my way up to new york but the place has made some improvements since then. It was a good deal for the price before, but I was suprised by the room this time. It's located right off of I-95, the room was clean and looked like they've replaced the carpet and heater/ac. Last time it was a bit noisy (nothing unbearable), but the newer unit worked well and wasn't noisy. Anyway, can't beat the price and location, and the room was pretty nice as well.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple