“Very Good”

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #18 of 95 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Service and food was really good and we could walk from the Best Western to it. It was better than the one in north Haven, ct

Date of visit: June 2013

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stopped here after shopping at the outlets bc there did not appear to be a wait like most of the other restaurants (I can see why now.) They have huge signs that they set up along the sidewalk annoucing Happy Hour, however that did not start for another 2 hours. They were out of strawberries, so that elimiated most of the drink menu. Decided on Mango daiquiri, but they brought me Mango Mojito, gross. Shrimp fondue was more like globs of unmelted cheese. Asian dumpling were good, but it was drowning in a pool of peanut sauce.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a good dinner here. The waiter was very attentive. He gave me a sample of the bourbon sauce - so I could see if I liked it. Our food came promptly and was hot and tasty. The prices were quite reasonable and servings were generous,

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Having survived a huge traffic jam on I-95, we stopped at this Ruby Tuesday location for a late lunch on Easter Sunday. It was obvious that the place had been very busy earlier in the day;only the basic cleaning had been done and the place just looked "rode hard & put away wet". Our entrees (hickory chicken & chicken portabella) were both quite filling and flavorful. Unfortunately, the salad bar had seen better days, and ~20% of the platters/bowls were either empty or only had dregs remaining. We saw no one interested in refilling anything, either, which disappointed us. Our server was cheerful, but not very motivated. She promised us some corn bread "as soon as it comes out of the oven", but then returned to tell us that "Other folks got to all the corn bread and there's none left." WHY was that suddenly our problem? She did nothing to remedy the situation.

In sum; only an average place, even by low chain standards. If it hadn't been that day & after that driving delay, this place would be rated lower. Fortunately, we probably will never return here.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Mom & I were traveling in the area and decided on Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, as neither of us has one close where we live. She was interested in the crab cakes, but I thought, "bad choice, this isn't a seafood restaurant"...how wrong I was not to follow her lead!! She questioned the server and they came highly recommended, stating they weren't full of "filler". She went for it, and I still thought, "bad idea". He was ABSOLUTELY CORRECT with his description, and right on the money with the recommendation! She thoroughly enjoyed & shared just a small taste for me to sample. I guess it's true, "mother knows best"...at least sometimes!
The salad bar did not disappoint. I was here some months ago & found it fresh & appetizing...this visit was just as good!

Date of visit: December 2012