“AVERAGE AT BEST”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 5, 2013

although the service was warm and inviting, the fun stopped there. The chips & salsa were seriously lacking in flavor. The kids burrito was covered in marinara sauce, which my kids would not eat. The fajitas for 2 were served on an oval cafeteria plate, no sizzle and no taste. My margarita tasted like 16 oz of sour mix. Overall a huge disappointment after reading the other reviews. Do not waste your time.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The owner does himself proud with this restaurant. I have tried two of the Jorge specials, Chicken with Spinach and Pollo con Chorizo which are both better than the usual Mexican entrees at any Mexican restaurant. The enchiladas and fajitas are also good. Of course, there is a bar and the good value beer prices are prominently displayed. The restaurant is in a strip mall on the industrial drive close to the Carolina outlet mall next to a Super 8 inn. We always stop here on our way down South on 95, NC exit 95 or 97.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had spent most of the afternoon at the outlets less than one mile away. We voted that Mexican Food would be good so GPS brought us to El Sombrero. It is in a little strip mall and it so much bigger on the inside than it appears. We arrived at 4 PM on a Saturday and there were a handful of other diners. We were greeted and seated promptly. The menu had some interesting choices. The husband and I both ordered Las Brisas Chicken. The best Mexican chicken dinner I have ever had, and I lived in El Paso for a few years. It was incredible. Came sizzling hot from the kitchen with soft flour tortillas. And as a bonus, they serve coke products :). No room for dessert. The meal was $10.95 and truly could have served 2 people. Great food, great price, great service and diet coke makes it 5 stars to me.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

On our trip to Florida we were looking for quick meal but not fast food. This restaurant off I95 at exit 95 in a strip center. The food is surprisingly good with pleasant service. This is not one of those large chain places but single owner who is very pleasnt

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We eat here every year. the food and service is great. You will definitely not leave hungry you get plenty to eat for what you pay.

1  Thank Marsha B