“Nice place to eat. Very good food at reasonable prices.”
Review of El Sombrero - CLOSED

El Sombrero
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We love to dine here. The staff does a great job looking out for you. Very good food in nice size portions. Very clean, as well. We have never really been dissapointed. Thanks to the staff and management from J and J

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pretty good stuff. I especially like the Chiles Pablanos, and their mole sauce is good. Better than Mucho Mexico, but not the best Mexican fare I've had.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My co workers and I always enjoy going to the El Sombrero restaurant especially when the hotel stays steady. We will call our order in and by the time we get there it is ready to go . El Sombrero staff is always very helpful especially when we have picky eaters. You cannot beat the prices or the comforts of this restaurant the staff and owner are always a pleasure to do business with and always welcome you as if they have known you for years. If you want great mexican food this is the place to stop. Thanks and keep up the good work

Reviewed September 29, 2012

food was s0-s0. Not very good. menu average not any thing exciting on it. Was very disappointed with it. So was my husband. Food tasted like it had been reheated in micowave, not cooked to order. Mine wasn't even hot. Tamales were hard around the edges, like it old.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I can't write a fair review of the food because I didn't have any. I'm a vegetarian and I went here for lunch. I wasn't incredibly hungry so I asked the waitress if I could order the nachos without any meat or chicken on top. She said yes. When the food came out, there was chicken. I tried to send it back and this time it came out without the lettuce and tomato. I asked her to just take it off and that I'd order a cup of queso. When she took it back the owner came over with a menu, placed it down in front of me and asked me if I could read. He pointed to the word chicken and said that I can't order something and then send it back if it came out the way it's supposed to. I told him that I had asked the waitress if I could do it without chicken and that if it wasn't possible, she should have informed me at the time of ordering so I could order something different. The owner was incredibly rude. My companion asked him why he was arguing with us when it was just a miscommunication. She told him that she wasn't going to eat here again if this is the way customers are treated. He said that he didn't want us to come back. Needless to say, we won't. My suggestion to anyone eating here is to order what's on the menu and don't ask for any alterations. And if you see the owner, run! He is NOT a pleasant person and he does not value customer service.